N120GX Ovation Lands safely on road, gets clipped by truck

14 hours ago, philiplane said:

I would surprised if the plane is not totaled. The wing is not intended to take a hit like that. You can be certain there is damage throughout the left wing, from the force required to smash the outboard wing in by two feet, and then spin the plane 180 degrees around in a tight pivot. 

It looks like the left elevator was also clipped as it swung around...

My first career was as police officer, much of that doing collision investigations.  I can only speak to the specifics of Arizona law, but they're generally similar around the US (because they're based on Federal guidelines).  In AZ, that truck's driver would absolutely be responsible for the collision.  The "speeding" statute used to cite drivers for excessive speed is the same one used to cite a driver who rearends a vehicle in front...or who loses control and hits a tree.  The wording is along the lines of "operating a vehicle at a speed greater than reasonable and prudent for the conditions that exist, or may exist, on the roadway."

As others have said, it's a crappy ending to a great emergency landing...

• Like 4