New Look

Hank

1 hour ago, ArtVandelay said:

Note the differences, it’s the auto scaling:c44ddefa8963c63c2ff6ea1e74f243aa.jpg

Yup. Agree. Here is my iPad in landscape where there is more room across the top. So it looks like viewing in portrait mode is now pooched. Too bad. Enjoyed that.  

A47B099A-17A7-493F-B253-19E2C55D87A3.thumb.png.4315505cfede6b1517bad082d63b4424.png

Yes, 75% works on Safari on the Mini. I don't generally care one way or another about format changes. I even got use to the new Facebook browser interface is about 5 minutes . But I'm sorry, having to shrink the text by 25% just to be able to use basic forum functions (it applies to notifications, email, profile access too) on a tablet or a phone (no surprise the same issue is on my Samsung phone) is not an improved interface; if anything it's a regression to earlier times before handheld devices existed. I take it there's no "mobile" version of the site like in the early days.   I'll stick with my earlier comment.

3 hours ago, midlifeflyer said:

I guess the new and improved interface doesn't support new and improved devices.

12 minutes ago, midlifeflyer said:

Yes, 75% works on Safari on the Mini. I don't generally care one way or another about format changes. I even got use to the new Facebook browser interface is about 5 minutes . But I'm sorry, having to shrink the text by 25% just to be able to use basic forum functions (it applies to notifications, email, profile access too) on a tablet or a phone (no surprise the same issue is on my Samsung phone) is not an improved interface; if anything it's a regression to earlier times before handheld devices existed. I take it there's no "mobile" version of the site like in the early days.   I'll stick with my earlier comment.

Hopefully it's a rolling change that will get addressed as bugs are encountered. 

1 hour ago, midlifeflyer said:

Yes, 75% works on Safari on the Mini. I don't generally care one way or another about format changes. I even got use to the new Facebook browser interface is about 5 minutes . But I'm sorry, having to shrink the text by 25% just to be able to use basic forum functions (it applies to notifications, email, profile access too) on a tablet or a phone (no surprise the same issue is on my Samsung phone) is not an improved interface;

My Samsung phone also doesn't show the notifications, etc., landscape or.portrait, but my Samsung tablet DOES, only in landscape mode. Both are running Chrome.

My Winders desktop works just as before, running Firefox.

Wish my phone still showed everything . . . . Samsung doesn't do that auto-scale thing, and I have Zoom set to it's minimum value.

I think this is the 4th “new look” I’ve seen.  Overall, it’s not bad, just different.

I don’t like how some threads show a kind of “split screen” look for some reason.  This only happens in landscape mode on my iPad.

Does anyone know how to turn that function off?  @mooniac58?

DB148637-0602-4B98-8B38-4AAEBCCA4BFD.png

On 9/10/2020 at 8:54 AM, Andy95W said:

I think this is the 4th “new look” I’ve seen.  Overall, it’s not bad, just different.

I don’t like how some threads show a kind of “split screen” look for some reason.  This only happens in landscape mode on my iPad.

Does anyone know how to turn that function off?  @mooniac58?

DB148637-0602-4B98-8B38-4AAEBCCA4BFD.png

Sorry, I don't know if that can be turned off.  It seems to be part of the new update.

• Thanks 1