New Look

Hank

So whaddaya think of the new look? The colors will take some getting used to, especially all of the white (no, it's NOT like looking at a piece of paper, it's like reading the writing on a lit up lightbulb), but there are some features that I already like, too:

• Very clear separation line for unread posts in a thread
  • Abridged quotes in the thread are nice, especially when someone quotes a very lengthy post
  • Easy, obvious way to open up the abridged quote when you want to

Just for reference, here's the "old" one: 

Screenshot_20200908-191123_Chrome.thumb.jpg.60f70af5dc60bac21c1aeab0959f5895.jpg

The only downsides are the huge increase in whiteness (my eyes can only look at so much white screen for so long), and the Edit button is now hidden at the top of the post instead of being down at the bottom.

Edited by Hank
  • Like 2

Just now, bluehighwayflyer said:

Hi, Hank.  TBD.   You can scroll down to the bottom of this page, though, and try the dark theme to lighten your screen.   Still exploring.  

Jim

I used to do that late at night sometimes, anyway. Just turned screen brightness down some more . . . .

Screenshot_20200908-194135.thumb.jpg.78423993cc58b7c3e6ef144c7fb3adcb.jpg

29 minutes ago, Schllc said:

How do you get to your messages and profile?

thats no longer on the menu that I can see

The only way I have been able to find that is to either find/click your user name in the members online section at the bottom or if you happen to be in a thread that you posted in, you can click on your own avatar. 

22 minutes ago, kpaul said:

The only way I have been able to find that is to either find/click your user name in the members online section at the bottom or if you happen to be in a thread that you posted in, you can click on your own avatar. 

Don't see my login, account links, mail or notifications on my phone, but they're all right there on my tablet in the top right corner. On the phone, though--nothin!

58 minutes ago, Schllc said:

How do you get to your messages and profile?

thats no longer on the menu that I can see

I still see these.  There should be a little mail icon at the top for messages and then clicking on your username should drop a list down with account options.

If you don't see this anymore please send me a screen shot of what you do see.  Thanks!

Just now, mooniac58 said:

I still see these.  There should be a little mail icon at the top for messages and then clicking on your username should drop a list down with account options.

If you don't see this anymore please send me a screen shot of what you do see.  Thanks!

They are right where they always were on my tablet.

But missing on my phone below.

Screenshot_20200908-220344_Chrome.thumb.jpg.66b2a52eebb2527b8d6296d4a99fbc33.jpg

5 minutes ago, mooniac58 said:

Messages gone and the ability to mark unread content is also gone.  There is no message symbol at all

What was wrong with the way it was?

It is like my wife, she expects me to make a life long commitment to her, but she wanted a new washing machine. I told her the one we had was working perfectly, she said she was just tired of it and wanted a new one.

Do you see the irony there?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

Hi, Hank.  TBD.   You can scroll down to the bottom of this page, though, and try the dark theme to lighten your screen.   Still exploring.  

Jim

Heres a screenshot of the dark theme.

22CE8B74-0F47-478E-9665-896950FE352E.png

6 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

What was wrong with the way it was?

It is like my wife, she expects me to make a life long commitment to her, but she wanted a new washing machine. I told her the one we had was working perfectly, she said she was just tired of it and wanted a new one.

Do you see the irony there?

I always install updates to the forum software.  Every update includes critical security updates to prevent hackers from breaking into the site and doing things like stealing your email addresses, etc.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ned Gravel said:

Messages gone and the ability to mark unread content is also gone.  There is no message symbol at all

Please give me a screen shot if you can and also please let me know what platform/browser you are using to access Mooneyspace.

20 minutes ago, mooniac58 said:

Please give me a screen shot if you can and also please let me know what platform/browser you are using to access Mooneyspace.

iPad mini 2. Here is the screenshot. Using Chrome 

D3AE0463-A581-4D30-96C3-633068372471.thumb.png.95a2b0374340c5c9532ad0df68f08fbc.png

20 minutes ago, mooniac58 said:

It looks like the missing icons is an issue being seen only on phones.  I see this to on my Android in Chrome browser.  Very likely they will have an update to fix this soon.

Not just on phones. It’s a problem on my iPad as well.