rosen visor installation

11 hours ago, steingar said:

I didn't think Rosen made visors for our airplanes.  They don't make them for mine, I asked.  Pity, I really like Rosens.

It's all about the year of your plane. The visors screw into a tab on the steel cockpit frame, but it wasn't always there. My 1970 C has small factory shades . . . Attached in the outside corners. Some older models sport visors attached to the windshield center post, which would be an easy retrofit if you don't have the threaded inserts at the outer corners. 

14 minutes ago, Hank said:

It's all about the year of your plane. The visors screw into a tab on the steel cockpit frame, but it wasn't always there. My 1970 C has small factory shades . . . Attached in the outside corners. Some older models sport visors attached to the windshield center post, which would be an easy retrofit if you don't have the threaded inserts at the outer corners. 

I think '65 or so is a cutoff. For some reason I thought they were available shortly after my plane's year. 

5 hours ago, steingar said:

Mine's a '62, so no dice according to the Rosen guys.  Like I said, a real pity. I had them on my other aircraft and really liked them.  Can't put a price on being able to see.

Nothing says you've got class more than wedging a sheet of paper between the windshield and plastic trim to act as a sunscreen.