Broadie’s Aircraft

Matt Lindeman

Matt mentioned Savvy Aviation.  So I assume that they are involved with his purchasing an airplane.  Mike Busch who owns Savvy Aviation just posted a youtube video this week about annual, pre-buy inspections or examinations as he calls them.  If you use their service, according to his video, they insist that you take the airplane to a mechanic that has never laid eyes or hands on the airplane before.  Since Don Maxwell has worked on this airplane I can only assume that Savvy won't like him doing the pre-buy.  Mike Busch uses the terms insist, and strict rules they follow without exception in his video if you use their services.

It all right here.....  If you want to skip the back story then the relevant information to this discussion starts at 16:15

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Greg Ellis said:

Matt mentioned Savvy Aviation.  So I assume that they are involved with his purchasing an airplane.  Mike Busch who owns Savvy Aviation just posted a youtube video this week about annual, pre-buy inspections or examinations as he calls them.  If you use their service, according to his video, they insist that you take the airplane to a mechanic that has never laid eyes or hands on the airplane before.  Since Don Maxwell has worked on this airplane I can only assume that Savvy won't like him doing the pre-buy.  Mike Busch uses the terms insist, and strict rules they follow without exception in his video if you use their services.

It all right here.....  If you want to skip the back story then the relevant information to this discussion starts at 16:15

I’d still rather have the best of Mooney knowledge look my airplane over than a self proclaimed expert. 

• Like 2

If Don Maxwell has worked on the airplane recently, the best thing you could do is to get Don on the phone and ask him about the airplane. He has meticulous records and a memory that would make an elephant envious. He'd probably be happy to spend an hour telling you everything he knows about that Mooney, which is probably more than another shop would know after several years worth of annuals. As one of the most honorable gentlemen you'll ever meet, you can be sure he will give you his unvarnished and honest opinion on the airplane.

The same can be said for JD and Laura at SWTA. They are honest to a fault and know Mooneys nearly as well as Maxwell. They don't have quite the record keeping system that Don has... and no one has his memory of every Mooney worked on over some 50 years of business. But still worth a call.

• Like 3

Just now, gsxrpilot said:

If Don Maxwell has worked on the airplane recently, the best thing you could do is to get Don on the phone and ask him about the airplane. He has meticulous records and a memory that would make an elephant envious. He'd probably be happy to spend an hour telling you everything he knows about that Mooney, which is probably more than another shop would know after several years worth of annuals. As one of the most honorable gentlemen you'll ever meet, you can be sure he will give you his unvarnished and honest opinion on the airplane.

The same can be said for JD and Laura at SWTA. They are honest to a fault and know Mooneys nearly as well as Maxwell. They don't have quite the record keeping system that Don has... and no one has his memory of every Mooney worked on over some 50 years of business. But still worth a call.

Incredible advice. I’ll definitely be doing this. Thanks!

• Like 1