Happy with my new to me TBM

OHAEDO

@OHAEDO To the OP,  beautiful plane and one that most folks here would lust after (myself included).  I'm curious, what is your use-case for the plane and how did you justify the expense?

Now, before anyone gives me the "you can't justify owning ANY plane" speech I'll say "yeah, I know."  But at some point we all look at the tradeoffs between the plane we have now and the one we want next, and have to decide if/when to make the leap.  So that's what I'm really curious about.  In particular, the jump to a turbine seems like an order of magnitude increase in operation and maintenance costs over even a gorgeous Acclaim Ultra, so unless you just have "F--- You" money in your pocket there has to be SOME type of analysis. (But congrats to anyone who does have F-- You money!)

So Omar, I'm curious what sort of analysis you did on this and what you came up with.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Many of you asked me to post - hopefully some of you know me and it doesn’t come across as brag - but wanted to share pics of my wonderful bird - she comports like a long body but doesn’t float down - it’s power on until wheel hit - same concept of more trim trim trim - she’s heavier and a dream come true2a109c054b734a84e3d8f83cb20aa939.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would brag all day long with that. Congrats and enjoy her!!!!

• Like 2

[mention=17314]OHAEDO[/mention] To the OP,  beautiful plane and one that most folks here would lust after (myself included).  I'm curious, what is your use-case for the plane and how did you justify the expense?
Now, before anyone gives me the "you can't justify owning ANY plane" speech I'll say "yeah, I know."  But at some point we all look at the tradeoffs between the plane we have now and the one we want next, and have to decide if/when to make the leap.  So that's what I'm really curious about.  In particular, the jump to a turbine seems like an order of magnitude increase in operation and maintenance costs over even a gorgeous Acclaim Ultra, so unless you just have "F--- You" money in your pocket there has to be SOME type of analysis. (But congrats to anyone who does have F-- You money!)
So Omar, I'm curious what sort of analysis you did on this and what you came up with.  Thanks!

Hi Jeff - I’ll answer high level

I need it for work - 95% use will be to and from Caribbean - piston = NO BUENO.

Work means depreciation and lease back to the entity

It means I get home in a scant 3 hours and don’t miss anything which is priceless

Daher next to me a full warranty thru 2023

Hope that helps

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, OHAEDO said:

Hi Jeff - I’ll answer high level

I need it for work - 95% use will be to and from Caribbean - piston = NO BUENO.

Work means depreciation and lease back to the entity

It means I get home in a scant 3 hours and don’t miss anything which is priceless

Daher next to me a full warranty thru 2023

Hope that helps

Great choice of airplane.  Great reasons for having it too!  Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 8:23 PM, OHAEDO said:

Many of you asked me to post - hopefully some of you know me and it doesn’t come across as brag - but wanted to share pics of my wonderful bird - she comports like a long body but doesn’t float down - it’s power on until wheel hit - same concept of more trim trim trim - she’s heavier and a dream come true

Which TBM model is it?

22 hours ago, Ragsf15e said:

I always feel slighted when I get “cut” in front of like that!  Happens all the time too!  First come, first serve apparently isn’t a thing.  Happens in my Meridian work plane too.  Tower will put Citations in front just to spin me up!

I was at Hilton Head years ago and while taxing up to the hold short line, I could see that the commercial turboprop was about 300 feet taxing up on the other side of the runway. Knowing he'd be given priority, I called the tower and said I was ready but to give priority to the "American Eagle Turboprop" (or whichever regional it was) and I could wait an extra minute. The response that came back was, thanks (and with a tone of we were going to make you wait anyway), the aircraft was cleared for takeoff, and I was immediately told to line up and wait, and then about 30 seconds later cleared for takeoff.

-Seth

• Like 1

14 hours ago, carusoam said:

Way to go Omar!

Thanks for sharing the details...

Looking forward to the inflight groundspeed pics.

Transition training should be interesting.

I hope it is as easy as flying a turbine powered Acclaim.

:)

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks my friend!  I can tell you the pound per foot on the TBM is A LOT more than a Mooney.  So in the Mooney it was basically power off over the numbers timing up with air speed brakes for me and easy does it.  On the TBM is power on all the way to wheels touching - as in 10% - so can't be shy about it.  But similar concept keep trimming keep trimming until touching the ground.  Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2020 at 9:43 AM, N201MKTurbo said:

I was Holding short at KSBA a few weeks ago. I had already called the tower ready to go. The TBM pulls up next to me and the tower tells me to hold short so the TBM can depart. I look over at the TBM and give them the "What? I was here first look" The TBM's very hot Wife, girlfriend, copilot (saw them in the FBO) looks back with the "I'm sorry, we didn't do it" look. Anyway, I digress. That TBM took off like a rocket ship! I was cleared to go 10 seconds after the TBM. What a cool plane! That's what I'm getting when I win the lottery.

What a lifestyle, to be able to take your hot wife, your girlfriend and your co-pilot in your new TBM! That's when you know things are going your way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, flyboy0681 said:

I look forward to my first flight on a single turboprop. Hint hint.

Saturday I am doing more CFI training as Im aiming for the top of the curve - happy to stop at Boca.  We will be up/down all day so it's grueling.

Just now, OHAEDO said:

Saturday I am doing more CFI training as Im aiming for the top of the curve - happy to stop at Boca.  We will be up/down all day so it's grueling.

I'm doing some instrument work with my CFI on Saturday. If you can give me an approximate time I'll make sure I'm there.