Happy with my new to me TBM

OHAEDO

Many of you asked me to post - hopefully some of you know me and it doesn’t come across as brag - but wanted to share pics of my wonderful bird - she comports like a long body but doesn’t float down - it’s power on until wheel hit - same concept of more trim trim trim - she’s heavier and a dream come true2a109c054b734a84e3d8f83cb20aa939.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 32

6 hours ago, Nick Pilotte said:

Love it but we need a side view pic of your plane to see the paint scheme!  Interested in true performance figures with fuel burn comparisons and where did you do your transition training? 

Posted it.

Wow - what a beauty!  The ultra-long body, eh?

I had the pleasure to sit in a TBM once, a brand spankin new one with the plastic still on the seats, plastic still on the avionics and an absolutely shiny shiny engine and new car smell, at KHVN (New Haven, CT) which apparently is a dealership which I had no idea but I was just there to do a work visit at Yale and they had pulled a brand new 900 out on the tarmac for a customer who was coming shortly.  I had just read about the new model 900 in the magazine the night before and to my surprise there it was in person right in front of me!  The stair door was open and I asked the salesman if I could take a peak inside, so I climbed in with my wife and we sat there for 3 or 4 min steeping in new leather smell.  Wow!

Congratulations and enjoy!!!!

PS with an M in TBM you are officially or just spiritually, still a Mooney owner and always welcome around here.  Please keep posting sometimes about your new "Mooney".....

P.S.  We need more pictures!!!  Inside?  In flight?  Which model?

Erik

• Like 3

Wow - what a beauty!  The ultra-long body, eh?
I had the pleasure to sit in a TBM once, a brand spankin new one with the plastic still on the seats, plastic still on the avionics and an absolutely shiny shiny engine and new car smell, at KHVN (New Haven, CT) which apparently is a dealership which I had no idea but I was just there to do a work visit at Yale and they had pulled a brand new 900 out on the tarmac for a customer who was coming shortly.  I had just read about the new model 900 in the magazine the night before and to my surprise there it was in person right in front of me!  The stair door was open and I asked the salesman if I could take a peak inside, so I climbed in with my wife and we sat there for 3 or 4 min steeping in new leather smell.  Wow!
Congratulations and enjoy!!!!
PS with an M in TBM you are officially or just spiritually, still a Mooney owner and always welcome around here.  Please keep posting sometimes about your new "Mooney".....
P.S.  We need more pictures!!!  Inside?  In flight?  Which model?
Erik

It’s a 2018 910 (eg G1000nxi) - only 200 hours - still has new smell! All the best to you and yours!!!c2c4c959ea01bc52daeaa4bf700480e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 14

If there is a better single for getting somewhere with the ones you love and stuff I don’t know what it is.  Marvelous!  The prop, the paint, the stance.  A wonderful airplane that no doubt flies right, because it looks right.  Congratulations on your wonderful acquisition.  Love it.

• Like 1

I was Holding short at KSBA a few weeks ago. I had already called the tower ready to go. The TBM pulls up next to me and the tower tells me to hold short so the TBM can depart. I look over at the TBM and give them the "What? I was here first look" The TBM's very hot Wife, girlfriend, copilot (saw them in the FBO) looks back with the "I'm sorry, we didn't do it" look. Anyway, I digress. That TBM took off like a rocket ship! I was cleared to go 10 seconds after the TBM. What a cool plane! That's what I'm getting when I win the lottery.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I was Holding short at KSBA a few weeks ago. I had already called the tower ready to go. The TBM pulls up next to me and the tower tells me to hold short so the TBM can depart. I look over at the TBM and give them the "What? I was here first look" The TBM's very hot Wife, girlfriend, copilot (saw them in the FBO) looks back with the "I'm sorry, we didn't do it" look. Anyway, I digress. That TBM took off like a rocket ship! I was cleared to go 10 seconds after the TBM. What a cool plane! That's what I'm getting when I win the lottery.

I always feel slighted when I get “cut” in front of like that!  Happens all the time too!  First come, first serve apparently isn’t a thing.  Happens in my Meridian work plane too.  Tower will put Citations in front just to spin me up!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ragsf15e said:

I always feel slighted when I get “cut” in front of like that!  Happens all the time too!  First come, first serve apparently isn’t a thing.  Happens in my Meridian work plane too.  Tower will put Citations in front just to spin me up!

Eastern Washington. Are you in the Tri Cities area?

49 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I was Holding short at KSBA a few weeks ago. ... The TBM's very hot Wife, girlfriend, copilot (saw them in the FBO) looks back ... That's what I'm getting when I win the lottery.

You weren't completely clear - which are you getting when you win the lottery?  A TBM or a very hot wife?
E

• Like 4
  • Haha 10