N2997L aka “Blue Moon” has a new home

Thanks to all who helped in our search to find a Mooney. We’re now the proud owners of N2997L.

I wanted to say a little about the previous owner, Steve and his wife Lynne. Steve unexpectedly “flew West” recently, and we hope to carry on in Steve and Lynne’s tradition of meeting people and making friends while flying.

I’m including a note here from Lynne:

My Mooney is going West. I will meet the new pilot this Friday at KGBG before she flys to Chino, CA and continues life with a new family. My cousin had Warbirds out that way, and I've spent happy hours there, so I guess it's fitting that the new hangar will be in CA. I have to admit, my heart is broken.

An airplane is more than cables and safety wire, skin and steam gauges. An airplane is a magic carpet that allows one to view a different perspective on earth and sky and, yes, life. It connects us with people and places and events that paint memories for when, at some point, that is all that is left. It is joy and freedom.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Paulyslug said:

"An airplane is more than cables and safety wire, skin and steam gauges. An airplane is a magic carpet that allows one to view a different perspective on earth and sky and, yes, life. It connects us with people and places and events that paint memories for when, at some point, that is all that is left. It is joy and freedom."

So lovely. If you care to share with her, please let her know I am sorry for her loss.

• Like 1