Pulled the trigger

Sam Muncy

After a very long and sometimes frustrating search, I bought a Mooney. 94 Ovation.  I couldn't be happier.  I am really glad I was selective.  Took the plane to Cole Aviation (service center) for the pre-buy .  Really liked that crew! Plane went thorough pre-buy as well as the owner said it would!    Went up last Sunday with a fellow Mooney driver and CFI and got some flight time and landings.  All check out.  

Sam

• Like 11

37 minutes ago, Sam Muncy said:

After a very long and sometimes frustrating search, I bought a Mooney. 94 Ovation.  I couldn't be happier.  I am really glad I was selective.  Took the plane to Cole Aviation (service center) for the pre-buy .  Really liked that crew! Plane went thorough pre-buy as well as the owner said it would!    Went up last Sunday with a fellow Mooney driver and CFI and got some flight time and landings.  All check out.  

Sam

Super congratulations Sam.  ‘94 Ovation...... such a great airplane!!

Enjoy this wonderful experience! :)

12 hours ago, Sam Muncy said:

Sam

Congrats Sam.  Welcome aboard.  :-)

I think I uploaded these correctly.  Got a little more time in the plane today.  Its a beast.  I am working on getting to know the systems. I need to hook an external power source to charge the batteries so that I can familiarize myself with the avionics...and not drain the batteries.  Dual batteries 24 volt system.   Best way to accomplish that?   Just a trickle charge on the batteries?  

Plane pics 2 - slmuncy335@gmail.com - Gmail.html Plane pics - slmuncy335@gmail.com - Gmail.html

On 9/4/2020 at 9:49 AM, jwilcoxon78 said:

I spoke with Joey a few weeks ago and he mentioned you.  You're basing at CNI?  

Yeah, right now I have the plane at RYY.  CNI couldn't find me a spot. I think Joe gave me your number.  Do you know if anything is available at CNI?

On 9/3/2020 at 9:55 PM, Sam Muncy said:

Sam

Try this again! 

4011 (2).jpeg

4143 (2).jpeg

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Sam Muncy said:

I think I uploaded these correctly.  Got a little more time in the plane today.  Its a beast.  I am working on getting to know the systems. I need to hook an external power source to charge the batteries so that I can familiarize myself with the avionics...and not drain the batteries.  Dual batteries 24 volt system.   Best way to accomplish that?   Just a trickle charge on the batteries?  

Plane pics 2 - slmuncy335@gmail.com - Gmail.html 1.93 MB · 3 downloads Plane pics - slmuncy335@gmail.com - Gmail.html 1.93 MB · 1 download

4011 (2).jpeg

4143 (2).jpeg

• Like 3

On 9/6/2020 at 12:58 PM, Sam Muncy said:

4011 (2).jpeg

4143 (2).jpeg

Oh that’s my dream plane!  I live in the NW and fly an F so winter is a little tough for flying.  I see you have TKS... do you mind telling me what your useful load is?  Is that without any tks fluid in the system?

Thanks and congrats!!

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 3:39 PM, Sam Muncy said:

Yeah, right now I have the plane at RYY.  CNI couldn't find me a spot. I think Joe gave me your number.  Do you know if anything is available at CNI?

I know that there should be ramp space but not too sure on hangar space.  If anything, it will be in a group hangar.  Did you put your name on the list?

7 minutes ago, jwilcoxon78 said:

I know that there should be ramp space but not too sure on hangar space.  If anything, it will be in a group hangar.  Did you put your name on the list?

And on that note, my space will be empty a week from now.  Family trip to Destin for a week.  2 hrs each way in the J.  I'll be home in time coming back to eat lunch and mow the yard!  You're going to love Mooney.  Especially that Ovation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 4:58 PM, Ragsf15e said:

Oh that’s my dream plane!  I live in the NW and fly an F so winter is a little tough for flying.  I see you have TKS... do you mind telling me what your useful load is?  Is that without any tks fluid in the system?

Thanks and congrats!!

Thanks!  Love the airplane.  Just getting to know the plane, including weights.  But my reality is the airplane with full fluids is a 2 place airplane, with baggage. But I knew that going in. 

On 9/10/2020 at 3:23 PM, jwilcoxon78 said:

And on that note, my space will be empty a week from now.  Family trip to Destin for a week.  2 hrs each way in the J.  I'll be home in time coming back to eat lunch and mow the yard!  You're going to love Mooney.  Especially that Ovation.

Thanks,  loving the airplane. I went to the airport last week.  I was told no space, even tiedown.  I would happily take a spot in a community hanger.  I did fill out the waiting list form.   If you hear of anything, please let me know. 

Thanks!  

Sam

• Like 1