It was a good decision to pull the engine

N201MKTurbo

1 hour ago, N201MKTurbo said:

Engine assembly stand.

Nice!   A trick we did in school, which I think may have even been in the overhaul manual, was to run safety wire around the cam to hold it in place while the case halves are assembled.   That worked pretty well.   

20200616_084649.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

Thanks,

Their web site doesn't say anything about it.

Rich...

There isn’t any mention on their website for a few other things they do.  Ron has them also add a machined bushing at each of the carry through studs at the main bearings.

Clarence

On 11/26/2020 at 1:47 PM, EricJ said:

Nice!   A trick we did in school, which I think may have even been in the overhaul manual, was to run safety wire around the cam to hold it in place while the case halves are assembled.   That worked pretty well.   

20200616_084649.jpg

You should use copper wire (that’s what the manual says) it won’t damage the case.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I’m waiting on a push rod. No matter how I rearranged them, one was too tight. The dry measurement was 0.019. 

Penny will be very disappointed when I put the engine back on the plane.

Your shop looks nicer than most people’s homes!

30 minutes ago, kmyfm20s said:

I figured:) I always drive my family crazy with my projects at the house.

I think it would be a good use of our space to turn that room into a shop, but my wife seems to be against that sort of thing. She won’t even let me work on my motorcycle in the living room! 

Good thing I have a hangar.

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, bradp said:

Kinda off topic what’s yours floor in the extra room Rich?  I need to pull the carpet in our upstairs.  

It is an engineered hardwood. It is hardwood plywood, with about 1/8 hardwood facing on the top. The wife picked it out, I just put it in.

I still have some boxes, I can snap a pic if you like.

Well, I went and flew it. I did the protocol in the Lycoming service bulletin.

I flew it for 2 hours. The first hour was at 25 25 ROP. The second hour was flown LOP AT 27 25 and 1450 TIT. My fuel flow isn’t working, I have to fix that. I used 20 gallons for the flight, so everything is about right.

All the gauges were solid as a rock. The bars on my bar graph have always been all over the place. Now they are all the same! My CHTs are all within 3 degrees. my EGTs are within 20 degrees. 

The CHTs started out at about 410 and by the end they were down to 390, so they are getting broke in. At my high power LOP setting I was seeing TAS of 160 KTS which is about 5 KTS better than before. 

I seem to have a little oil leak, I’ll pull the cowl this weekend and figure that out.

• Like 4