Surefly manifold pressure pickup

cferr59

Hello,

I will be installing a Surefly on my M20C and am working on planning the installation.   For anyone who has installed one, where did you pick up the manifold pressure and what fittings did you use?  

The instructions recommend picking it up on the #4 cylinder.  However, I am tempted to install a splitter prior to the valve for my standby vacuum system.

Thanks,

Chris

The electronic version, was  replete with the drawing lamp...   :)

Learning the hardware one step at a time...

Mechanical pencil, HB lead...  .5 or .7mm

and the roll of masking tape...

The fancy white staedtler eraser... https://www.dickblick.com/products/staedtler-mars-plastic-erasers/?clickTracking=true&wmcp=pla&wmcid=items&wmckw=21500-0000&gclid=CjwKCAjwqML6BRAHEiwAdquMncSiF_zGP7bBxD2A3Hq8JmJ4_k1QhpG_sM-xbC7CgdTQR6JCG7m2ixoC96EQAvD_BwE

Oh... the memories...

@Hank probably knows this stuff for real... Plus, he may be interested in the latest from Surefly...

Best regards,

-a-

2 hours ago, cferr59 said:

Hello,

I will be installing a Surefly on my M20C and am working on planning the installation.   For anyone who has installed one, where did you pick up the manifold pressure and what fittings did you use?  

The instructions recommend picking it up on the #4 cylinder.  However, I am tempted to install a splitter prior to the valve for my standby vacuum system.

Thanks,

Chris

Some other options here

https://mooneyspace.com/topic/33951-surefly-sim4n-mp-tap/?tab=comments#comment-578137

I also replaced the left mag.  I sourced a steel AN804-2 T-fitting and replaced the manifold pressure gauge bulkhead fitting.  I then made up a Stratoflex 193-2 hose with the flared B-nut on one end.  The 193-2 hose has thicker walls and grips the barb on the mag more tightly that the hose in the kit.  Running the manifold pressure hose along the firewall to the Surefly worked for me.

Tom

C2C41E22-927E-4366-8542-B9759C708A92.jpeg

768A692D-F6FD-41EA-979F-352050F481FF.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PT20J said:

image.thumb.jpeg.2523a380470c75a77b2d89aa4add7276.jpeg

I miss having one in my office.  Never used as a drafter but I did as an engineer.  It is a great large surface to put drawings on and to do initial sketches for designers and drafters.  I watched my dad draw up plans for his house on one though he was never in the engineering field.  When it came time to design my house I graduated to CADD.:D

• 1 year later...
On 9/3/2020 at 7:11 PM, cferr59 said:

Hello,

Thanks,

Chris

We did that.  A 1/4” barbed tee with a 1/8” nipple.