Vintage Mooney Mechanics in SoCal

Trenta

Hey all,

I saved the capital...then waited a several more months to have 2x what I think it’s going to cost to buy a Pre-J Mooney. Ha! I’m ready to start conducting some Prebuys and putting in some offers. I want to be ahead of the ball here and see if I can start building a relationship with an AP/IA mechanic that is very familiar with Vintage Mooneys.

Does anyone have a line to a mechanic in SoCal? (I’m based at John Wayne KSNA)
Do you know if they do local prebuy inspections?

Also are there a short body Mooney prebuy inspection checklists that people use for reference? Any other tips or pitfalls on prebuys and acquisition? I’m clearly new to this.

-Trent

+1 for a check list to work from (like the Lasar one Mitch mentioned).  Order things in order of combined severity and complexity to get to.  Find easy dealbreakers first, before investing more hours into the pre-buy.

Kevin Schiff at KWHP has several Mooney's in his customer base.  He has a permanent shop in a hangar over there.  I will PM you the contact info.

-dan

• Thanks 1

After a recommendation from Dan Lubell, I used Kevin Schiff in WHP.  I believe that Michael Rodgers used him as well as Denise Jennings. He is honest, knows Mooneys and does very good work.  (818) 834-3818 is the number on the web, I have his cell ;)

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mooneygirl said:

After a recommendation from Dan Lubell, I used Kevin Schiff in WHP.  I believe that Michael Rodgers used him as well as Denise Jennings. He is honest, knows Mooneys and does very good work.  (818) 834-3818 is the number on the web, I have his cell ;)

Yes Dan provided me with his contact. I have left him a message. I’m hoping he has the time to work with me.

• Like 1