New software g1000 0401.37

Pmaxwell

The main operational item this fixes is the ADSB in  FIS-B nexrad weather display (as was shown above) ..  It should also fix the problem of sending GPS data out to an ARTEX  ELT1000.  15.24 should now allow advanced control of the GTX345R transponder.. Flight ID etc.

There were a bunch of others that Cirrus tells us about. 

http://servicecenters.cirrusdesign.com/tech_pubs/SR2X/pdf/SB/SR2XBulletins/SB2X-42-12/SB2X-42-12.pdf

1. (a)  Added support for GDL 88, FlightStream 210, GMA 350c, and GDL69A SXM.

2. (b)  Included support for 4.9 Arc-Sec terrain database.

3. (c)  Corrected position data transmitted to ELT 1000.

4. (d)  Miscellaneous minor bug fixes.

and other things. 

What I am hoping is that they will also offer a FS210 kit.. the 15.xx branch of software supports the FS210.   

iPad to G1000 flight plan transfer is one of the only major modern improvements that we lack.

Edited by PaulM
  • Like 3

I don’t think it’s available for the bravo. It does support the 4.9 terrain database which is required when you upgrade. It has the software where you can add the Mid continent SAM backup instruments and a the keypad. Also the gdl 69a Sxm. Flight stream software was not included unfortunately. 

This is a terrific enhancement!  We now have ADSB traffic displayed and FISB weather right on the g1000 as well as higher resolution synthetic vision.

I’m no longer embarrassed flying my Cirrus friends ;).

THANK YOU NEW MOONEY!!

Edited by Geoff
  • Like 2

So this update brings the G1000 current with regards to ADSB traffic and weather correct? So this “should” negate the need for an iPad in the cockpit for that, right?  But there would still be the normal Bluetooth issues with connecting to the GTX345R, so there may still be issues with loading flight plans?  Ugh, I can’t keep up.   @Deb  has always been able to explain this to me in plain English that I can understand (backwoods high school education here).  Is this all still correct?

• 6 months later...

Release notes / feature list for SW 0401.37 available (e.g. 8.33 kHz database support)?
I wonder if any detailed release notes for the 0401.37 are available.
For European GX drivers ADS-B out support alone is a feature with limited value - unfortunately we don't have NextGen over here.
However, even with 0401.34 installed there are some missing features, mainly due to limited database size for pre GDU 15.10 software (0401.34 includes GDU 14.02, at least on my installation).
Prominent examples for missing features from an European GX drivers perspective (caused by limited database size):

• 8.33 kHz frequencies not displayed / selectable
  • Visual Reporting Points missing

Per Garmin SB 1865 Rev A at least one of the issues is resolved for GDU 15.10+ software (see attachment and this thread on DiamondAviators).
From the image in Paul's & Anthonys post I derive, that 0401.37 includes GDU 15.24.
So obviously/hopefully there could also be some benefits for European GX drivers to install the update.

Any supplemental/supporting information available on these features?

Regards,
Matthias

SA_1865A_G1000.pdf

• 9 months later...
On 9/5/2020 at 11:19 AM, Nick Pilotte said:

But there would still be the normal Bluetooth issues with connecting to the GTX345R?  

So far, if I take my iPad or iPhone out of the case it connects and stays connected with the GTX345r with no baggage compartment modifications (oxygen door mod) or bluetooth antenna repeater. (There are times I can connect with the i-Device in the case but it doesn't stay connect. I haven't had it disconnect when the case is off.)

UPDATE: I took out the Oxygen door in n the baggage compartment and replaced with a sheet of ABS. Also I did the antenna repeater and can use either my iPad or iPhone with a case on it now.

• 4 months later...

Quick question regarding 0401.37 & STEC 55X:

• Does 0401.37 still support STEC 55X (with WAAS enabled G1000 of course)?
  • If yes (considering the German saying "paper is patient"), has anyone done a successful real-world upgrade to the configuration 0401.37 / STEC55X?

Best,

Matthias

6 hours ago, MatthiasArnold said:

• If yes (considering the German saying "paper is patient"), has anyone done a successful real-world upgrade to the configuration 0401.37 / STEC55X?

Best,

Matthias

I don’t believe you can upgrade to .37 if you have the STEC 55X. 

I think .34 is the highest software level available for your panel.

CORRECTION BELOW: Non-WAAS can't upgrade to .37

I believe the first generation G1000 will not support 0401.37. I have the first generation G1000 with the STEC 55X and although I can switch from XM weather to FISB it doesn’t work with 0401.34.

1 hour ago, atpdave said:

My 2005 O2 has the early gen G1000 and S-TEC 55X. When I got the WAAS upgrade the software was updated to 0401.37.  I was told the non-WAAS G1000 is stuck with 0401.34.

I got my 2005 O2 with the STEC 55X WAAS upgrade along with the GTX 345R in late 2016 and the software was upgraded to 0401.34. I believe the G1000 with the Garmin A/P can be upgraded to receive FIS-B weather.

4 hours ago, buddy said:

I got my 2005 O2 with the STEC 55X WAAS upgrade along with the GTX 345R in late 2016 and the software was upgraded to 0401.34. I believe the G1000 with the Garmin A/P can be upgraded to receive FIS-B weather.

Yes it can

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 12:23 PM, MatthiasArnold said:

Best,

Matthias

Many thanks to the expert @Pmaxwell for shedding some light on this issue:

The A/P (GFC700, S-TEC 55X) can be selected in the  0401.37 configuration just like in previous versions e.g.,  0401.34

Mooneyspace is great!

Best,

Matthias

• Like 1