Mooney Announcement online

Parker_Woodruff

Just now, mike_elliott said:

Great to see Mooney post this!

Agreed!  The fact that they are recognizing that this (and other informal communities) are extremely important to the brand is great.  While I realize the difficulties in doing this, it would be nice if they could create a formal digital suggestion box for current owners.  I don't mean suggestions on what they should do as a company to better market ect... but rather (reasonable) model or part specific requests. Yes, I know they would have to filter through a ton of similar suggestions but if they are truly open to listening to the community it would be easier than going through thousands of messages on this website or trusting a few people to bring them the suggestions.  Maybe it's something that could be incorporated into MS or developed on a different platform.  Just a thought.

1 hour ago, Davidv said:

Agreed!  The fact that they are recognizing that this (and other informal communities) are extremely important to the brand is great.  While I realize the difficulties in doing this, it would be nice if they could create a formal digital suggestion box for current owners.  I don't mean suggestions on what they should do as a company to better market ect... but rather (reasonable) model or part specific requests. Yes, I know they would have to filter through a ton of similar suggestions but if they are truly open to listening to the community it would be easier than going through thousands of messages on this website or trusting a few people to bring them the suggestions.  Maybe it's something that could be incorporated into MS or developed on a different platform.  Just a thought.

Lets see what the customer advisory board brings. It was in the works 2 years ago for something similar perhaps the wheel wont be reinvented.

• Like 2

Just now, mike_elliott said:

Lets see what the customer advisory board brings. It was in the works 2 years ago for something similar perhaps the wheel wont be reinvented.

Listening to the Mooney community is not new!  Most recently, that occurred during initial Dr. Jerry Chen’s rein.  

Mooney needs to sell new airplanes! I’m thinking positively this time around, that listening to the Mooney community will help with overall success for the future Mooney .:)

Listening to the Mooney community is not new!  Most recently, that occurred during initial Dr. Jerry Chen’s rein.  
Mooney needs to sell new airplanes! I’m thinking positively this time around, that listening to the Mooney community will help with overall success for the future Mooney .

The word is they may be achieving a higher max gross on the long body with a retrofittable beefier landing gear kit. Here’s hoping for trailing link and no more doughnuts... Which is big, that’s been the limiting factor particularly on being able to offer a chute. Let’s face it, no chute can’t compete...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

The word is they may be achieving a higher max gross on the long body with a retrofittable beefier landing gear kit. Here’s hoping for trailing link and no more doughnuts... Which is big, that’s been the limiting factor particularly on being able to offer a chute. Let’s face it, no chute can’t compete...

I think the problem is the retractable gear as oppose to how it’s design. They would have to auto extend the gear when pulling the chute. The fixed gear on the Cirrus absorbs some of the impact forces.

I think the problem is the retractable gear as oppose to how it’s design. They would have to auto extend the gear when pulling the chute. The fixed gear on the Cirrus absorbs some of the impact forces.

Extending the gear is trivial, the main issue has been weight. Not enough useful load to add a chute before this gross weight increase which is enabled by beefier gear...

With a new cowl and NXiII upgrade this is going to get expensive, but really, you have to do it to protect the value of your airplane. I for one am glad at the same time moaning as I reach for my check book;)

Hope the market stays up to pay for all of this!

Bless the folks in Kerrville, I hope this thing flies!

Trust me, there hasn’t been anything suggested on Mooneyspace or anywhere for that matter that Mooney hasn’t been thinking about for decades for new production. It all about managements value in how well such changes will benefit sales and engineering assessments of how practical and affordable they are. Many suggestions cost a lot in useful load and re-certification requirements and without a potential return in the near future many ideas get dropped right there. Long term or strategic direction has always been at the whim of the leadership and frankly Jerry Chen was the first to even have a 10-15 year plan but sadly the 5 year plan failed - largely due to schedule constraints despite buckets of cash. I don’t think we’ll see buckets of cash to work with again anytime soon. But hope I am wrong.

• 2 months later...

I Came across an example of a group of people designing a plane... ‘Dark Aero’

They intend to use a retractable trailing link type of main gear... sounds interesting to some MSers...

This video shows the design, and machining of aluminum parts, for test purposes... 

Amazing what can be done with some skill and some modern machining equipment...

Beringer brake systems seem to be the standard in the high performance / experimental category...

Of course I watched three videos with Beringer brakes, where two had goofy brake failures....  one locked up, the other over heated... both were human error...

It will be interesting to see the next steps as well...

Best regards,

-a-