69C Light Control Box

Hello, first post on here!

I have been having troubles with my interior lights for quiet some time. I posted this issue on the Mooney pilots facebook and got some good answers. I then went to my avionics guy and he changed out both transistors and potentiometer and still am having problems. It was working for about a week and then it just stops.

I believe it has something to do with the push to test button because everytime I push it, all the other panel light (engine gauge light, red overhead light) seem to dim then go out. Also, it doesnt seem to want to work during the day. (I assume it's jist to hot out for the unit)

Anyone have a the schematic/solution for it?

• 2 months later...

Not so much an answer to the problem but a request from another ‘69 owner    with a panel,light controller issue.  Does a schematic exist for the control box?  The service manual is worthless as regards this issue essentially ignoring any real reference to the control unit.

Welcome aboard Cm...

Stand by, we’ll see who knows what about the box...

Since the same lights have done the same job for many years, that same box may be documented better in a newer plane...

If you can describe the challenge you are seeing, it is quite possible there is a better suggestion to modernize what you have...

Best regards,

-a-

The issue I’m facing is that the overhead, gauge and compass lights are functional but while the intensity is variable, they do not go to full brightness and the clock light and quadrant lights are dead.  Looking at the controller schematic for later models it appears that there are two feeds coming from the controller.  I suspect one of the transistors in my controller is shot which is impacting both problems.  Thoughts.

• Like 1

It’s possible somebody might have a source that OHs the whole unit...

For that case... a Call to DMax is probably the source.... or he has a source...

If you are good with the search function, you might be able to ferret out an answer around here... (if it exists)

Going to DMAx will probably be a short cut...

Best regards,

-a-

21 hours ago, Cloudmirth said:

The issue I’m facing is that the overhead, gauge and compass lights are functional but while the intensity is variable, they do not go to full brightness and the clock light and quadrant lights are dead.  Looking at the controller schematic for later models it appears that there are two feeds coming from the controller.  I suspect one of the transistors in my controller is shot which is impacting both problems.  Thoughts.

Are you referencing schematic 800275 Rev IR (gawd, that's a lot of revisions!)?

If so, have you verified the feed breaker and fuse F2 are okay?

1 hour ago, Cloudmirth said:

Not familiar with that schematic as it does not seem to appear in the service manual and the additional schematics I have don’t seem to reference that number.  Can you provide a copy by chance or indicate where it may be found?

@Cloudmirth Check your PMs

• 7 months later...