West Coast Mooney Conference & Retreat a Success.

MrRodgers

We had a wonderful time last weekend in Sunriver, Oregon at the West Coast Mooney Club Summer Conference & Retreat.

Thirty one of the forty five registered attendees joined us as the wildfires and smoke kept some away.

Sponsors and presenters included Don Maxwell, Jan Maxwell & Jolie Lucas (Right Seat Ready Class), Richard Simile (Thunderbird Aircraft Sales), Parker Woodruff (Airspeed Insurance), Aaron de Zafra (Crewchief Systems), Brett Stokes & Dan Riesland (LASAR). We had a catered lunch and finished off he conference day with a Parade of Planes where everyone could show off their beautiful Mooneys.  Saturday evening we had an awards and outdoor movie night where the movie "Flying the Feathered Edge" (The Bob Hoover Story) was presented.  We had over $2,500.00 of raffle prizes donated from Aircraft Spruce, Lift Aviation, Lightspeed, Bruce's Custom Covers, Tempest Aviation, Baker Avionics, JPI Instruments, King Schools, Crewchief Systems and Pilot Outfitters.

The raffle ticket sales generated over $560.00 of proceeds that are being donated to the Bill Gilliland Foundation c/o The Mooney Summit. 

I am so happy that we had the opportunity to share the weekend together with other Mooniac's in such a beautiful location. Many of us enjoyed the resort activities including golf, river rafting, swimming, spa treatments and some wonderful meals. Thanks to all who joined us this year and I hope to see you all gain in 2021.

Best,

Michael Rodgers.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Are you wondering what you missed out on at the West Coast Mooney Club 2020 Summer Conference and Retreat? Here's my write up, it was an event to be remembered. So many great times and experiences. When's the last time you got to share dinner with legends like Don and Jan Maxwell and Richard Simile? We got to experience that and listen to so many great stories. Just one of the many memories. Michael did a tremendous job putting the whole thing together.  You won't want to miss next year!

https://intothesky.us/2020/09/13/west-coast-mooney-club-2020-summer-conference-and-retreat/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, elimansour said:

What a great write up - Thank You!!  I’m so sorry to have missed it. Looking forward to next year!!  I think I’ll go to Sunriver sometime when the fires are done.  That canoe ride looked epic.

It was beautiful there, no matter what you want to do, even if it is to do nothing, it's a great place. That's our first time there but won't be our last. 

• Like 1