Looking for a CFI at KWHP

I used to be based on KWHP and know a few people.  Try Kevin Schiff (Hangar Row G?, SE hangar area, large hangar on the end next to Walter's welding shop).  He knows everybody at the field, and could give you an honest referral.  He is a CFI not a CFI-I, so he could instruct for instrument familiarization, but could not get you to your IR.  

He was also the IA that did my [M20J] annuals for 7 years when I lived in LA.  

-dan

• Like 1

Mike Jesch would be the one to go to.  While he doesn't own a Mooney, he has trained a number of people in them.  He is an American Airlines 787 pilot and a really good guy.  Tell him I recommended you call him.  I would come down and do it myself, but with Covid, I'm not taking on any new students at this time.  I'm doing engine break-ins and ferrying for the time being.

714-588-9346 or mcjesch@gmail.com

• Like 1

3 hours ago, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard Preston.

Latest news on Covid testing...

Abbott got approval For their 15 minute Covid test that can be done while you wait....

May take some time getting these devices out into the field...

Best regards,

-a-

If that were available, I could go back to flight instructing.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2020 at 1:40 AM, donkaye said:

If that were available, I could go back to flight instructing.

All the college bound students are running into a similar situation... where the speed of getting the test done really matters....

The business news channels we’re discussing the 15minute test earlier this week...

It’s looking pretty useful....

I grabbed a sample from the internet...

Not sure if this is the same thing....

https://www.xurgentcare.com/covid-19-rapid-test-near-me-coronavirus-testing-fda-sofia-sars-antigen-urgent-care-orange-county-ca/

PP thoughts only, not a medical person of any method or form....

Best regards,

-a-

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2020 at 1:52 PM, donkaye said:

Mike Jesch would be the one to go to.  While he doesn't own a Mooney, he has trained a number of people in them.  He is an American Airlines 787 pilot and a really good guy.  Tell him I recommended you call him.  I would come down and do it myself, but with Covid, I'm not taking on any new students at this time.  I'm doing engine break-ins and ferrying for the time being.

714-588-9346 or mcjesch@gmail.com

I second the Mike Jesch referral.