SOLD '66 M20E - Not like Bob's

geoffb

I've got an opportunity to purchase another plane that I've had my eyes on for years.  So, time to get serious about finding 11W a new home.  N2711W, sn 1022.  About 5,500 TTAF, 1,180 SMOH Lycoming factory, 2001.  Runs strong.  Basic IFR.  3-axis Brittain with alt hold that works.  Basic IFR with KX-155 and KX-175, both with GS, both coupled to the Brittain.  No corrosion.  Tanks sealed at Wet wingologists 2001.  No leaks.  Hangared during my 16 years of ownership.  Hangared by previous owner.  Paint, interior both poor.  Has some warts.  Does still have an AD prop hub.  Prop is about 700 TSOH and it's just started to sling a little grease.  Mechanic and the prop shop said to watch it and keep it greased until a convenient time to take it off to reseal.  ADS-B via Garmin 335.  It's been maintained as I go.  Everything works.  It's just far from a beauty queen.  Never failed to dispatch.

I have the logs from new, scanned and the airplane records from the FAA I just got last month.

If you are looking for a solid, honest, ready to go travelling machine on a budget that will take you where you need to go right now, efficiently, this might be for you.

Annual due in Sept, probably open it up toward the end of the month.

$30k firm, as-is.  If you feel the need to haggle, $29,999 is my bottom line.  Any less than that and I put an interior in it, but a used GPS com and fly it until the wings fall off.

If you're seriously looking to get into a basic M20E, PM me your contact info and let's talk airplanes.  If you want (and can afford) a $70,000 20E, or Bellville's former beauty, this isn't your next plane.

IMG_1922.JPG

• Like 7

If I didn't have a reasonable need to fly higher, I wouldn't part with it.  We've had some adventures and it's always gotten me where I asked it to go IFR or VFR.  But MEAs and ice here in the Northwest have me looking at K models to increase my utilization.

• 3 weeks later...
  • geoffb changed the title to SOLD '66 M20E - Not like Bob's

So, now that I'm planeless and chose to not pursue the earlier object of my affection, if you have or know someone who is ready to part with a nice 231, please let me know.  I'm assuming there is some unlisted inventory out there waiting for a new home.  Ready to act right now for the right plane.  Would also consider a clean 201 with a KFC or CIV autopilot.  Of course I want it to look like new, with a fresh factory motor, lots of shiny displays and endangered species hide seats.  But I'll settle for clean, used regularly, decently equipped and well maintained.

Budget is around $100 for a 231, less for a 201.