Catalina lunch

xcrmckenna

I'm going to pass on this tomorrow. I've been at KFUL all day yesterday and today wrapping up my panel. The smoke/haze is not good and it has been MVFR/IFR today with 2.5-3mi visibility. It's also been reporting 2-3000 overcast, but you can't see anything except gray. Tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same. 

The last thing I need is KFUL going IFR because of smoke tomorrow and I can't get back in.

• Like 1

I'm going to pass on this tomorrow. I've been at KFUL all day yesterday and today wrapping up my panel. The smoke/haze is not good and it has been MVFR/IFR today with 2.5-3mi visibility. It's also been reporting 2-3000 overcast, but you can't see anything except gray. Tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same. 
The last thing I need is KFUL going IFR because of smoke tomorrow and I can't get back in.

Yeah but I could think of worse places being stuck than Catalina:) Hopefully in a few weeks we can meet up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

IMG_7154.thumb.JPEG.fd90b8676c40b3a20957144eb354a582.JPEGWe had a fun outing to Catalina, including lunch on the patio followed by a hike around the airport perimeter to pet the Buffalo. We saw only 1 Buffalo today that was right on the trail that we had to walk around.  Unfortunately one of the Mooney's had already departed when we took this.

IMG_7153.thumb.JPEG.21bb68cff7c2b3891fcc5e0c2a7d2737.JPEG

Mooney tail as far as the eyes could see!!!

IMG_7156.thumb.JPEG.33476f43a43cd1fe18fe6b10e5d15b2f.JPEG

Proof we were at Catalina!

IMG_1315.thumb.JPEG.1fa081139bb0be8ba946dd74d6838fcc.JPEG

That's Buffalo Bill that met us on the trail - Bill is very friendly and happy to see us :)

IMG_7172.thumb.JPEG.fbf3d4662777f7a088807bea9bb1ba06.JPEG

For those that were curious, this gives you an idea of the local visibility when we got back to the shoreline by Oceanside. Down south in San Diego and Catalina we had Visibility of 6-8 miles at Catalina and inland but worse along the shoreline. 

Edited by kortopates
  • Like 10