Mooney F20 Mystery part

If it's hooked up to the ASI, there must be a [likely hidden] switch on the panel to use it instead of the pitot and impress friends and passengers with high airspeed! Getting prop blast in addition to ram effect from speed should wind that puppy a little higher!

3 hours ago, Garry2247 said:

Anybody know what this is?  It appears to be r/HOVER_GODS - Mystery Partplumbed into the airspeed indicator.

Looks like the mounting bracket for an ADF sense antenna with the wire removed (and mounted backwards)? Normally found on the top of the fuselage with the wire going to the top of the vertical stabilizer.

Maybe it’s being used as a cooling duct for the emergency gear extension crank.

• Haha 1

Welcome aboard New Garry!

I don’t think I have seen one of those before...

There are a few versions of airspeed switches used on Mooneys...

Does your plane have electric landing gear?

If yes, what does it use for an AS switch..?

Or does it have a squat switch?

Best regards,

-a-

This is the outside pickup for the Brittain (yes same Brittain as autopilot) true airspeed indicator. You notice it has no knob to adjust the outside temp etc.  They work great and always read out true airspeed. Been a lot of years since I had one of these. Last one was on N2980T which I delivered to a buyer in England.  Was a Meyers 200D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3