Normal old school gas can

M20F

Mike,

Apparently somebody outlawed the easy to use gas can... Some form of consumer protection...

There must be a way to get the same thing available for a different purpose...

when searching the net... try the various industrial suppliers like Dayton...

PP thoughts only...

Best regards,

-a-

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, 59Moonster said:

I have 4 of the VP tanks (same design) which I use for tankering a little 100LL, they work great.  Not ideal for smaller needs though.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://ezpourspout.com/

Here is the where you get order the EZ-Pour from the mfg if you promised not to use it for gasoline or 100LL ;). With 5 gallon gas can on sale for $14 at Target, It is a very cost effective set up.  

Each kit has enough part to fit most gas cans on the market.   The most difficult part of the "conversion" is probably drilling the 1/2" hole for the breather plug.  Some of the plastic shaving will fall inside the gas can.  Needless to say, you WILL need to get all the shaving out before first use.  If you can't buy "Seal All" from your local store, you should order that as well.  Without it, the breather plug will sometime leak a little. 

My preferred set up is one spout with a bunch replacement cap (or replacement cap).  After all, I don't need one spout for each gas can.  In fact, replacement caps make it easier to transport the gas can without a long spout.  Be sure not get the hi-flo version.   The spout opening is way to big for your finger to plug when I'm fueling.  The regular version flows fast enough - 5 gallon under 2 minutes.  

• Like 1

@ArtVandelay  When I was cleaning the gas can after drilling, I did found few pieces that would fit thru the flame arrester.  I end up using a piece of packaging tape on a wooden stick to get them all all out.  All in all, I have 8 of those gas cans.  Most of the did not leak around the breather, but two did.  Since it was a pain in the behind to remove the breather once it is installed, I decided to apply sealant on all.