20K rear seat removal

Rick7576

I have a 88 M20K and I'm trying to figure out how to remove 1 (split rear seat) of the rear seats. Got the bottom half out no problem. (velcroed in) But cant figure out if 

there is some magic trick to getting the back rest out.  Any advice?    Cheers Rick

There's another recent thread around here with a lot of details. Basically, after removing the bottom seat cushion, pull the T handle and tilt the back forward. Reach under the bottom of the back seat cushion and undo the velcro closure. Then spread the opening so that it clears the seat frame as you pull the back off the frame. The foam and leather are glued together and come off as one unit. After you pull it off, you are left with a frame that has a piece of carpet glued to the back so that when it folds down the carpet is facing up. If you want to put any weight on the folded seat, pull the hairpin clip and slide the seat back frame off the tilt mechanism and reposition it into the channels nearest the carpet. There is a description in the POH that will eventually make sense after you read it a few times while messing with the seat parts.

Skip

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Give me a call, I'm happy to talk you through it if you like. It's super easy and quick.

Austin area code + five one two, 0670

I deleted the post just as I was able to get them off. I presume they were a bit stuck from never being removed so it took about 30 minutes to remove them. Now there finally off. Appreaciate the help.