Memphis Propeller

My Hartzell prop (HC-C2YK1BF)  was overhauled four years ago, so I'm doing a little research on next steps.

I called Memphis Propeller yesterday, http://memphispropeller.com/propellers/

Basically, asking about everything they offer. Got the following quotes:

Eddy current $179 if I bring in the prop.       $233 if I fly in to Olive Branch, MS and they do the test on with the prop on the plane.

IRAN $1350

Overhaul $2245

New hub to remove AD: $4165

New Hartzell Prop lists $11,320 but they can probably sell for $10,200.

In my nonprofessional opinion... that prop has a whole lotta good hours left in it.  Either switch out the hub or do the eddy currents, but if it’s not leaking, leave it alone otherwise.  The overhauls generally last more than double your current 4 years.

• Thanks 1

You guys don’t know how good you have it south of the border. Canada has a mandatory 10 year prop overhaul. Bought my plane at the end of year 9 on the prop. It had 79 hours on it. I put another 65 on it before it came off. 
$3800 later it has another 10 years 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just take it to a prop shop every 100 hours. It will take 10 years to even get close to the value of the B hub. Memphis propeller can do the job in about an hour all in including a ride to their shop to pay and get the log entry.

• Thanks 1