old to new F model

Doing a total rebuild of our 1967 Mooney F model.  Only has 1646.48 total hours on the airframe.  New panel and  201 windshield a a few other speed mods!   it's a 14 volt machine and we plan to investigate changing it over to 28 volts. If we are successful in the 28 volt conversion we will install our all electric Air Conditioning.  Keeping the original F model paint scheme.

more to come 

Walter Dodge

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kelly Aerospace said:

Doing a total rebuild of our 1967 Mooney F model.  Only has 1646.48 total hours on the airframe.  New panel and  201 windshield a a few other speed mods!   it's a 14 volt machine and we plan to investigate changing it over to 28 volts. If we are successful in the 28 volt conversion we will install our all electric Air Conditioning.  Keeping the original F model paint scheme.

more to come 

Walter Dodge

awesome.  how well does your AC work on a 14v system?

3 hours ago, Kelly Aerospace said:

more to come 

Walter Dodge

Walter,

I would certainly interested to hear more and see some pictures...

Would you develop STC for the 28V system install or you would fly that plane on Experimental ticket?

Regards,

7 hours ago, Kelly Aerospace said:

more to come 

Walter Dodge

Curious where you got the 201 windshield STC?   I thought nobody was selling them any longer?  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, RLCarter said:

LASAR still offers it, but it doesn’t have the access panels like SWT (?) had

Thanks.  Last time I checked their web site, they were out of stock.  Good point- I'd prefer the access panels if I were to have a 201 windshield installed.

7 hours ago, RLCarter said:

LASAR still offers it, but it doesn’t have the access panels like SWT (?) had

You are much better off without the access panels, and using the factory cowl deck.  However, you must then design direct access to the avionics by having the equipment and trays slide out of the panel into your lap.

John Breda

19 hours ago, Igor_U said:

Walter,

I would certainly interested to hear more and see some pictures...

Would you develop STC for the 28V system install or you would fly that plane on Experimental ticket?

Regards,

If we are successful we will pursue an STC.  Our F Model still has the Johnson Bar and no electric flaps so it will be easier.  it will get expensive if we have to address actuators and motors.  It already had the 201 windshield   installed.  

wd