iPad charging

jwilcoxon78

Just now, jwilcoxon78 said:

Does anyone else find that their iPad, in my case a mini 4, while running, in my case Garmin Pilot, slowly discharges while plugged in?  I have an adapter in the cigarette lighter port and notice that I see to lose about 10% every hour.  

Turn the brightness down just a touch.

• Like 1

I don't have any issues running an iPad pro plugged into a multi port adapter which then runs to the cigarette lighter.  It actually charges the iPad to full charge during a flight with the screen at full intensity.  The charge is slow but it does charge it.  Make sure that whatever adapter you are using is rated at 2.4 Amps (you need at least 2.1 amps for charging) or you may not see a charge or even a discharge with the screen at full brightness.  This happened to me when I first started using an iPad in the cockpit.  I was using an adapter not rated at 2.4 amps and the iPad would not charge.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jwilcoxon78 said:

Does anyone else find that their iPad, in my case a mini 4, while running, in my case Garmin Pilot, slowly discharges while plugged in?  I have an adapter in the cigarette lighter port and notice that I see to lose about 10% every hour.  

Check that your adapter puts out the 2.1 amp minimum required for the iPad.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, rbridges said:

I feel like my ipad mini breaks even when plugged into the panel.  I keep it on max brightness during the day.  

I got tired of running cables around and had a blue cube https://www.mcico.com/usb-charging-ports-1 installed behind the panel and powered through an unused circuit breaker. I ran a black, braided USB -Lightning cable along the control shaft to an iPad-mini mount on the yoke. I have the iPad Bluetooth-connected to the GTX345. With Bluetooth on and the screen full bright, I notice the iPad mini 5 will slowly charge in this configuration. 

Skip

• Like 2