Should I trade my old Avionics in or sell them?

I came to agreement with an avionics shop that will be installing a 750,G5, G3X , 355 , GFC-500, a new panel and hopefully new switches in my 201.They offered me a trade in for the stuff I am replacing, a complete KAP-150 system works perfect, 530w,GDL 69, KX155 and head , KR87, Altimeter,VSI, A/S , turn and bank, cluster gage. Also all the antennas. Any opinion what this stuff is worth and how hard it be to sell them?if someone was converting an E or F to a J this would be most of the pilots panel.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 201Steve said:

I just pulled the trigger on almost the same thing. I opted to just add another G5 as I already have one. Keep my price down a little bit. Then after a year, hopefully I've forgotten how much I spent and I'll throw in the G3x

It was a big gulp for me- but at 65 the dress rehearsals are over!

• Like 3

I would say that is a bit over $10K worth of gear. I have sold a fair bit of my removed gear here, beechtalk, and eBay. Look at eBay completed auctions to get a sense of current pricing. Comes down to the value of your time vs convenience of selling it to the shop.

The radios will sell pretty quick. The instruments and antennas are probably worthless.

With all the GFC conversions going on... you might see prices of the old APs being sold around here...

The cost of installation keeps their prices a bit low...  

Lots of interest for spare parts seekers, but... there is a limit to their un-overhauled value...

Important to note how many hours are on each piece...

Best regards,

-a-

5 minutes ago, Speed Merchant said:

Good point. I think the auto has been in the bird since it left Kerrvile. Any idea of the value for parts?

AP parts have dropped dramatically in the last 6 months. People that at one time would buy for future breakdowns are realizing now the parts will be plentiful and cheaper when needed. The 256/525 used to have value now people are almost giving them away. Probably Larry’s number above for everything is pretty close.  I’m in the same boat...baggage compartment full of 2k vintage avionics and not hardly worth my time to list everything. 

Similar to the trade-in value in buying a new car. Yes, it will be worth more if you find a private buyer, but is it worth the time, effort, etc...

My shop didn't even offer a trade-in on the old stuff. So, I would say if you're comfortable with the deal, go for it! Saves you a lot of time and trouble. Plus, like someone else mentioned, they can probably bench-test/overhaul them and sell them for more than what you would if they sold without tags.