Source for Century IIb Electric Trim Switch

rcwilbur

The yoke mounted electric trim switch went out on my 78 m20j.  I verified that it is the switch, but am having trouble finding a replacement.  I've read that you can replace the individual switches, but would rather try to source the trim switch as a unit.  I've tried Century, but just get a voicemail and no one returns my call.  Any suggestions about where I might find a switch?

Thanks,

Carl.

11 hours ago, Steve Dawson said:

I talked to them today and they are busy but still very helpful. 

Thanks.  I tried them again this morning and was able to reach someone on the tech support extension.  All my previous attempts was through the sales extension, which went unanswered.  The person I spoke with was very helpful and provided me the part number and the price, which is $596.00.

Carl.

Mine has quit a few times. The problem is the wires flex when you move the yoke. there is no way to stabilize the wires in the yoke and keep them from flexing. There are high stress areas where the wire meets the solder joint on the switch. It has always been the wires at the solder joints. So replacing the switches will fix it, but so will just R&R ing the switches you have.

You might be able to stabilize the wires after repair by stuffing cotton balls down into the yoke. 

YMMV