Exhaust Bracket / Rear Strobe

hnorber

Hi All:

The rubber bracket that holds my exhaust pipe in place under the cowling is mostly cracked.   Does anyone have a part number or explanation of where I can find a replacement part? 
I think the current one was fashioned from an old tire by my mechanic.

Would also be grateful if anyone has a part number for the tail strobe for my plane.   Shop quoted me about $300 - would hope that I can find for less.

This is for a 1991 M20J (Really an MSE).

Thnx

A few layers of reinforced baffle seal works well if you don’t like tires, 

Most hangars I visit have a stack of old airplane tires somewhere, so they are aircraft parts....

Make sure you cut the part of the side wall that says FAA-PMA on it. Who could argue with that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is a few threads around here regarding pics of peoples favorite tire art that had been cut for the job...

A flying foot from a GoodYear... is pretty fancy... GoodYear has a blimp... that’s aviation....

The transitive property of air worthiness...

For new style Whelen LED strobes find @OSUAV8TER he is the MS lighting resource...

Best regards,

-a-

An example of tire discussion, and there are a few threads....