Io-360-a1a gami injectors

Just ordered some gami injectors for my io-360. What are some real world results to expect compared to the stock injectors.

I had a fuel leak on one of the stock injectors so I wanted to replace them anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lycoming injectors tend to be pretty well matched so you may not see as much of an improvement as you would a continental. in fact I usually recommend flying the Gami profile with the original injectors to see what your spread is prior to purchasing the Gami's. if the spread is close replacing them becomes a waste of money.

Brian

• Like 3

Its very rare a Lyc io-360 needs gami injectors. Probably over 90% of the fleet runs without them and still have very good mixture distribution of < 0.5 GPH. As mentioned above, one should always fly gami sweeps such in our Savvy Test profile located here (https://resources.savvyaviation.com/resources/other-documents/flight-test-profile/) to see if they need Gami's before installing them. Still an excellent product - when you need them.

I did not do the spread test prior to my install of the GAMI's on my 76 F.  So I really do not have a good comparison.   Here is my result though: all seem to peak within ~0.2 gph. 

If you are wanting to fly LOP certainly do a spread test and find out.

I did not do the spread test prior to my install of the GAMI's on my 76 F.  So I really do not have a good comparison.   Here is my result though: all seem to peak within ~0.2 gph. 

If you are wanting to fly LOP certainly do a spread test and find out.

Did you have to tweak them at all after the initial install? I know they ask for results after the installation. Unfortunately I did not get to do the lean test prior to ordering due to fuel leaking out of one injector .
The main reason I’m going with them is because one of my old injectors is bad and has the plane grounded at the moment. I thought with all the positive reviews on the gami’s I would just replace the old ones with them. Not sure if it is necessary, but thought I would see what others thought of the conversion overall.

How was your injector leaking?

It appears that the metal sleeve was damaged and the fitting that fastens the fuel line to the injector was not able to seal completely. It was very odd because it seemed tight and was torqued to spec before. I had the surprise of a bunch of blue die when the panels were pulled.

Just now, Ripley98 said:

It appears that the metal sleeve was damaged and the fitting that fastens the fuel line to the injector was not able to seal completely. It was very odd because it seemed tight and was torqued to spec before. I had the surprise of a bunch of blue die when the panels were pulled.

Was it leaking through the fitting or the air bleed?

When doing the Gami spread test... note the FF as each cylinder peaks...

It helps to proceed slowly to improve accuracy...

Helps to have 0.1 gallon precision on the FF gauge...

The four cylinder engine has very good airflow distribution to begin with... compared to the six cylinder engines... so identical FIs work pretty well out of the box...

The cool part about working with Gami... you can record the details of what you have now... they can adjust a new FI to better balance what you have...

Often, swapping the first to peak with the last to peak can improve its balance... a technical matching airflow with FF.... that seams to just work out sometimes...

It is quite possible to get a Gami spread down to 0.1 or 0.0.. which is great for balance while leaning deeply...

Some things aren’t really that important...  

But it is cool to lean until the engine just shuts off... without shaking like a Jake radial...   :)

PP thoughts only not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-