Yeesh...Signature...

Kmac

23 hours ago, Hank said:

Not always. That was the original motivation for the AOPA lawsuit.

AOPA never filed a lawsuit about FBO fees. They filed a complaint with the FAA in 2017*. Now, yes you can find clearly posted fees on their website.

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2017/august/28/aopa-files-official-complaints-over-fbo-fees

I’m not sure I see the point here - she waived the handling fee as she said she would. Infrastructure fees are  usually just collected by the FBO on behalf of the airport management. 

So she took off the fee she said she would based on the receipt  

I like to pile on signature just as much as anyone else and competition is a good thing. However, if you’ve flown to enough large FBOs at large airports, you’re going to have some sort of fee that is waived by overpriced gas.  5.25 gas at any signature is pretty good.  I’ve personally had a mix of crap and excellent experiences at Sigs: BCT folks we’re amazingly helpful for my family and me, and had competitive pricing.  ATL didn’t have AVGas when I flew in late one night, so they waived everything that ATL didn’t charge and apologized.  On the other hand AVL couldn’t care less I was there, put me way over in the weeds and tried to charge me for someone else’s gas.  

Now public access if you don’t want to use signature’s door is another ball of wax  and something we need to push for locally.  

One day I’ll tell the story about visiting RIC Millionair and my ride was a 1983 stretched Chevy suburban spray painted with graffiti. We also ran out of gas on the way back.

• Like 1

When I drive down town and park my car it is usually a minimum of 20 bucks. When I use an FBO I expect to pay, and 5 bucks plus some overpriced fuel? Really on par with what I pay to park. Maybe I am not a CB or I drive too nice of a car, but realistically, taking into account the overpriced fuel is about a Jackson for parking and use. On par with an auto parking.

5 hours ago, bradp said:

tried to charge me for someone else’s gas.

She did try to charge me for someone else's gas...

I spent as much time in the FBO trying to pay for gas I didn't want almost as long as it took to eat breakfast.

I simply thought the service was poor in relation to the fees charged or the hoops needed to jump through to reduce fees.

Just now, Kmac said:

She did try to charge me for someone else's gas...

I spent as much time in the FBO trying to pay for gas I didn't want almost as long as it took to eat breakfast.

I simply thought the service was poor in relation to the fees charged or the hoops needed to jump through to reduce fees.

I hear you and agree. Weird how we’ve both been charged for OPG at signature.  

• Thanks 1