Garmin GPS 175 help

Rick7576

I'm getting ready to buy the Garmin GPS 175. (I hope) but I do have a few Questions about the thing.

First--  do i need to get the flight stream 510 for the gps to talk to my ipad with ForeFlight ?

Second -- if you know the answer to question one then I'm going to get in touch with you for the answer to my other 20 questions. LOL

No on the Flightstream, the 175 family will talk to your ipad without.  Garmin meant it to be used with their Foreflight knockoff but people say Foreflight works fine.  If you want to load a database update directly from your ipad, then you would need the Flightstream.  I just download the database from the Garmin site to my laptop, laptop to card, card to GPS.  

The Garmin Pilot Guide is not great, you will have questions.  The radio is terrific, easy to use.  Buttons, icons and procedures are very much like the 650/750 if you are familiar.

Give me a call with questions, 980-505-2083.  

Garmin advertises it with Connext, which officially supports only Garmin Pilot, FltPln Go, and certain Garmin portables. For ForeFlight integration, you would need to spring for the Flight Stream 510, which can install into the card slot on the GPS 175.