Looking for a Paint scheme designer

231LV

So we are now at a point where we want to put new paint on the plane. We plan to use Arizona Aeropainting in Eloy, AZ but want to engage the services of a good scheme designer. We are looking for any recommendations.....

Edited by 231LV

I guess it depends on how complicated of a scheme you want. My paint guy did it himself. I basically found a plane close to what I wanted, then drew my own alterations free handed on my iPad. That and detail description: size of stripes, location details, etc, he was able to use photoshop to draw the scheme.

Tom,

Speaking of photoshop... I saw an artist apply all kinds of patterns over the surface of a picture of Plymouth prowler...

While he removed bolt heads off a commercial pic of a machine for me.....

It looked as if it was really painted in the funny patterns he had selected....

That was a great way to visualize what needed to be done...

Adobe has some really powerful visual arts software.... the program box probably has a note clearly affixed to it... ‘Artist not included‘....  :)

There is no way I would be able to do any of that without years of training.... and some retraining after that...   

Best regards,

-a-

So the funny thing is that I've been trying to get the "bandit" look around the window and until you posted this pic I didn't realize the paint around the windows on N1137Z  is actually black.  I'll be trying that in the next revision.

Edited by Kris_Adams
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Kris_Adams said:

So the funny thing is that I've been trying to get the "bandit" look around the window and until you posted this pic I didn't realize the paint around the windows on N1137Z  is actually black.  I'll be trying that in the next revision.

Looks great. Whoever did the paint work did a fantastic job. 

• Like 1