Retirement / Pilot life in Florida?

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out 15FL Cannon Creek in Lake City. Paved & lit rwy 18/36, smooth grass 09/27. Very active EAA chapter. 100LL fuel on field for members of the "HOA" which is ~$700/yr for runway fees. There

Florida is a big place, with completely different demographics in different areas. Spend a few weeks, and visit the state, in the north, central and south to get a handle on things. Typically, the fur

Here is what I have to put up with most every evening.

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, ArtVandelay said:

Look at the price history...clearly someone is either on drugs or doesn’t really want to sell.

I can't see that from the price history.  Doesn't it seem obvious that the $479M price was a typo that was immediately corrected?

I can't see that from the price history.  Doesn't it seem obvious that the $479M price was a typo that was immediately corrected?

It was estimated to be $517 in May 2019...then listed for $690, then removed, then relisted....
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Spruce Creek Fly-In Community 7FL6, been here for 12 yrs. now and enjoying my retirement. The 4000ft recently paved runway has an instrument approach. If you enjoy playing golf and tennis we also have an 18 hole golf course in the community. The Fly-In also has 2 restaurants on the property. Hangars and hangar space are always available for rent.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

That’s impressive. Not trying to be lazy, but I don’t see links to hangar and/or property on their site.  

I’m in Venice now, and they’ve got 92 folks on the wait list. Almost seems like an opportunity for revenue growth but no way would I leave my J out on the ramp.

I like the area, but would I need to get a ‘perm’ and trade my F-150 truck for a Lexus?  Just kidding there... but still.