Fuel transmitter part number/overhaul options

flyby201

I have a 77 J (SN 24-0014).  It appears the left outboard fuel transmitter is leaking.  My parts manual gives me a part number of 610243-003, but says that is for SN 24-3133 and later.  It doesn't give a part number for my SN.  Anyone know what the correct part number would be?  What are my options to have it overhauled?

Air Parts of Lock Haven has always been a goto place for such work. However, I must reluctantly report a head scratching encounter regarding a unit I sent in (2 units, actually) in conjunction with the bladder installation back in March. 
I noted at that time that one transmitter was not giving full scale “full” indication as I was installing it. I was only getting 0-26 ohms resistance vs 0-30. The AirParts guy was quite insistent that if I bent the float arm properly it would give proper indication. At this point in the bladder install I really wasn’t in the mood to pull the transmitter for a recheck. On the first extended flight when a modest amount of fuel was used from that tank I was disappointed to see the gauge go to full scale “full” (or was it “empty”). Anyway, there was an issue.

I contacted Air Parts to let them know that at some point I would like to send the unit back for a recheck. Rather than saying they would be glad to take a look at it, I was reminded that the warranty period is 6 months. Period. Further, the problem was probably my gauge. (Gauge never did that before, but . . .). I know that by nature I exude idiocy, and that’s about how I was treated

Thats a lot of words to say that Air Parts is still a very good place willing to work on our antique stuff, but the customer support lacks finesse. “Send it in. We’ll be glad to take another look” are the words that hoped to hear. But I’m an idiot.