Prist Acrylic, Plastic and Glass Cleaner

PTK

I was away from home the other day and while getting fuel I asked if they had something I could use to clean some bugs off of the windscreen! I had ran out of plexi cleaner. They brought me a can of something I had never used it before. Prist Acrylic, Plastic and Glass Cleaner. Curious what the general opinion of this product is. 

I started just keeping a spray bottle of water with a microfiber cloth, and it works just about as well as anything.   Since I started doing it this way I've been wondering why I thought I needed something special before.  ;)

Spray lemon pledge works well at fraction of cost and slicks up the plastic so many bugs don’t stick and easy to wipe with microfiber towel and water

another trick is bugs are water soluble. Wet a towel with hot water or put in microwave and put hot soaking wet towel on windscreen. Let it sit for ten minutes. All gone in one wipe. Easy and cheap 

• Like 3

I’m on my second can in 20 years...

Bought in the local pilot store for some outrageous price...

It works, I needed it...

Love it when my pilot store has these things...

I have my own soft towels to use.

+1 on the bugs report... :)

Best regards,

-a-

On 8/2/2020 at 4:33 PM, Tcraft938 said:

Spray lemon pledge works well at fraction of cost and slicks up the plastic so many bugs don’t stick and easy to wipe with microfiber towel and water

another trick is bugs are water soluble. Wet a towel with hot water or put in microwave and put hot soaking wet towel on windscreen. Let it sit for ten minutes. All gone in one wipe. Easy and cheap 

+1 for lemon Pledge. Received Plexus as a gift but don't see much difference between it and good ole fashioned lemon Pledge. 

Pledge use to make a product called Clean & Shine, we used in the shop for EVERYTHING, paint, chrome, plastic, vinyl, plexi.... it was cheap and worked good. A few years later I opened my own shop and couldn't find the Pledge so I went with Plexus and used it on everything as well, their price went through the roof (quintupled)in the early 2000's. The large can will last me over a year doing 2 aircraft...my stash is running low and then I'll have to pay retail..:(