import of an aircraft as part of an move

flumag

Hi,

does anybody has real world experience to import an aircraft from outside of the EU into the EU as part of an move. The prerequisites fo that are clear. I'm more interested how this will be documented and the aircraft is not subject to tax in the future into the EU?

Thanks Hendrik

21 hours ago, flumag said:

Hi,

does anybody has real world experience to import an aircraft from outside of the EU into the EU as part of an move. The prerequisites fo that are clear. I'm more interested how this will be documented and the aircraft is not subject to tax in the future into the EU?

Thanks Hendrik

I have no hands-on experience,  but I'd recommend the euroga-website for answers.  I know the subject came up already in the past.

• Like 1

A car had a note in the otherwise totally normal registration papers that says "imported as resettlement property", that the owner has to be at least present in the car at all times, and that if sold within 1 year it will be subject to all kinds of payments (duties, excise, vat, etc - the ones you're not paying when doing the resettlement). Apart from that the resettling party gets the normal paperwork confirming the property is officially imported and legally present in the country and thus the EU. Same applies to anything that is explicitly listed on the resettlement property paperwork submitted in advance to the home country's consulate. That is the Polish experience, a dozen or so years back, YMMV. I think the VAT waiver is your biggest win, as far as planes go, for cars you get out of more fees and taxes. Don't know about boats nor horses.

To answer your question, the car, when officially bought by my company a year and a day after getting imported, was not subject to any taxes a "normal" car bought from a private person wouldn't be. I can look up the paperwork if you want me to, it should be somewhere in the attic.

You know that, but for other's sake I'll say that the above applies to personal possessions, not company owned items.

• 1 month later...

Thats basically in the entire European union the same. The difficulty was more: since you dont pay tax (and dont get a documents on that) how do you proof that the airplane can freely fly in EU and can be sold. 

I took quite some conversations the the German and EU Customs authority. The short is you have to use the Customs form 350 that you keep also in the aircraft to documents that the aircraft is not subject to be taxed in the EU.

Hendrik