Garmin 430W nav data issue

SuperPilot

I recently switched my Garmin 430W Nav data subscription from Jepp which I’ve used for years, to Garmin as it was cheaper. I noticed a glitch that when for instance executing the GPS 35 approach at my home field “KSEG”. That when loading “KACGE” as the initial fix it doesn’t give me an option NOT to perform the procedure turn like my Jeppesen data did. I’m forced into the hold and won’t sequence to the next fix even when approaching directly from the south. The only way to fix it by either activating the next leg manually or “activate vectors to final”. This isn’t the only Airport/approach this has happened on but there are some that will prompt if I want to do the procedure turn. I’ve contacted Garmin and said they put in a ticket to look into it but basically said there are no current plans to fix it as they’re  focusing on fixing this issue on the GTN’s. Just wanted to let everyone know if you’re thinking about switching to Garmin’s data as this could be a safety concern if you’re not expecting it In IMC. 

C85D23CE-DC0D-41BE-BF8D-C00A919F7DF3.png

It's working as it should. Your home approach does not have multiple IAFs. If you load the RNAV as depicted, it includes the procedure turn which is why it is bold.

As stated by others, you can either delete the hold or select vectors when loading the app.

For clearance, if the controller clears you to the IAF for the RNAV 32, you are expected to do the procedure turn.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, irishpilot said:

It's working as it should. Your home approach does not have multiple IAFs. If you load the RNAV as depicted, it includes the procedure turn which is why it is bold.

As stated by others, you can either delete the hold or select vectors when loading the app.

For clearance, if the controller clears you to the IAF for the RNAV 32, you are expected to do the procedure turn.

What is in bold? Sorry I’m not seeing it. And yea but with Jepp it would always ask me if I wanted to do the procedure turn.

Left side of the chart, it states "NoPT" when approaching KACGE from the south.

That is a hold in leu of procedure turn - it is a mandatory if you have nothing saying NoPT. ATC will expect you to fly the hold in leu with either a tear drop, parallel, or direct entry depending on heading...

Edit:

looking at the plate, their is a sector that says NoPT - basically a direct entry

-Don

35 minutes ago, N231BN said:
1 hour ago, irishpilot said:

Left side of the chart, it states "NoPT" when approaching KACGE from the south.

That's what I get for trying to read that approach on a phone screen. That, and the runway is 35, not 32. Thanks for the point out. 

12 minutes ago, N231BN said:
18 minutes ago, SuperPilot said:
Another odd point, I shot this approach direct “Cidas” and the 430 prompted me wether or not I wanted the procedure turn 
AF0642C9-AFF3-4C99-A565-312F3039A38F.thumb.png.de207ffe58e2ba1d75344f7bad1a178d.png

If you were approaching from the SW you would have to fly the turn.

I was approaching from the north