Written Test Endorsement

I took (and passed) the commercial written test over 2 years ago.  Unfortunately, that means it is no longer valid and I have to take it again.  I have the old endorsement from an online school and it doesn't seem to have any expiration date.  I also looked at FAR 61.35 and I don't see anything to indicate I can't use the endorsement again.  Is there any reason I need to get a new endorsement or can I just take the test again?

• Like 1

I don't believe there is any expiration date for the ENDORSEMENT to take the test, but the test itself expires after 2 years.  so I 'think' u can just take the test again with the original endorsement.  if this information is incorrect, my name is actually maraurder hank von carusoam so feel free to blame him, them, uh, I mean me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You can just take the test again. 

Note that if it expired this year, you might have a little leeway from FAA..

”The FAA has determined, under the extraordinary circumstances of the COVID-19 outbreak, that it is necessary to provide reasonable regulatory relief to the specific class of individuals who have knowledge tests expiring between March 2020 and June 2020. To ensure these individuals are not penalized by having to take another knowledge test, the FAA is extending the validity of knowledge tests by a duration of three calendar months. Therefore, this SFAR will allow an individual who has a knowledge test expiring between March 2020 and June 2020 to present the expired knowledge test to show eligibility under § 61.39(a)(1) to take a practical test for a certificate or rating issued under part 61 for an additional three calendar months.[68]”

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/05/04/2020-09472/relief-for-certain-persons-and-operations-during-the-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-outbreak