Las Vegas Mooney mechanic

JoeM

Others can chime in with their experiences with Mechanics around Vegas for sure, in the interim, here's a MSC:

18 - Lone Mountain Aviation Inc.
2830 N Rancho Drive
Las Vegas, NEVADA
89130 United States

On 7/30/2020 at 10:19 AM, stevesm20b said:

Anyone try EGA aviation in North Las Vegas Airport? I heard they were familiar with working on Mooneys.

I had an interesting dealing with EGA. I bought an Engine Monitor and after it was installed it had a couple issues. It was routed directly instead of being routed through a circuit breaker, if it started heating up there was no way to turn it off. The Fuel Flow transducer wasn't hooked up properly, and was leaking a substantial amount of fuel. The outer Fuel senders weren't connected. The inner fuel senders were connected to both the old Moritz gauges and the JPI900, which meant both of them never showed accurate. They drilled holes through the front of the plane instead of using the proper routing. These are all things both Foothill aviation said during my annual and Chandler avionics said. I wish I could say better but I never complained since I got it for a cheap price. Installed was 7K on the dot.

33 minutes ago, shawnd said:

If you are up for a bit of flying, highly recommend Chandler Aviation at KCHD. Frank is honest and a great troubleshooter. Highly recommended.

I've had really good stuff to say about him. Straight up and gets the job done. He fixed a leaking fuel pump while I was getting the avionics done and got me going without any wait time.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 1:33 PM, Ross Taylor said:

And maybe our friendly LV-based JPI dealer @Jeev might know, too?

I am currently working with a few independent A&P's on the field to maintain my plane only because I can't afford the plane being down for any longer then needed right now.   PM me and I can pass some contact info to you  

On 7/31/2020 at 10:43 PM, Niko182 said:

I had an interesting dealing with EGA. I bought an Engine Monitor and after it was installed it had a couple issues. It was routed directly instead of being routed through a circuit breaker, if it started heating up there was no way to turn it off. The Fuel Flow transducer wasn't hooked up properly, and was leaking a substantial amount of fuel. The outer Fuel senders weren't connected. The inner fuel senders were connected to both the old Moritz gauges and the JPI900, which meant both of them never showed accurate. They drilled holes through the front of the plane instead of using the proper routing. These are all things both Foothill aviation said during my annual and Chandler avionics said. I wish I could say better but I never complained since I got it for a cheap price. Installed was 7K on the dot.

I've had really good stuff to say about him. Straight up and gets the job done. He fixed a leaking fuel pump while I was getting the avionics done and got me going without any wait time.

Niko - I am really sorry about the quality of your install.  I believe I recommended them to you and feel responsible for that.  I am going to talk to Len the owner, all of those items are not acceptable especially for a simple engine monitor install.  If that is the quality of work they do I can not continue to recommend them.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I finally found a mechanic that I like in Vegas!  He got furloughed from Maverick due to COVID and sent out a really professional letter with his resume offering his services as an IA to all the plane owners in the valley that he could find in the database.  Judging by the effort he put into the letter it seemed like he had a great work ethic, and I needed an annual, so I figured why not try him?  Got the annual done in my hangar in 3 days at a very fair price.  Very happy to refer him to anyone that needs a mechanic in Vegas.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SantosDumont said:

I finally found a mechanic that I like in Vegas!  He got furloughed from Maverick due to COVID and sent out a really professional letter with his resume offering his services as an IA to all the plane owners in the valley that he could find in the database.  Judging by the effort he put into the letter it seemed like he had a great work ethic, and I needed an annual, so I figured why not try him?  Got the annual done in my hangar in 3 days at a very fair price.  Very happy to refer him to anyone that needs a mechanic in Vegas.

Awesome! Please send his info my way.

• 1 year later...
On 9/23/2020 at 7:10 PM, SantosDumont said:

Hi Santos,

Could also his contact information to me as well please. We have a 20F at KVGT that we are trying to get back into the sky. 

Thanks, 

TJ