"Area" of Flight

I recently was able to make (what I would call) a round-robin flight. It was a flight where instead of going there-and-back, I went there-then there2 - then over there - and then back flight (over several days). The kind of flights that when complete makes a shape that then has an area (that can be measured/calculated) inside of it.

Over at https://ladieslovetaildraggers.com/10-things-i-learned-flying-indianas-perimeter-a-k-a-my-chronavirus-escape-day/ the author wrote about flying around Indiana's border (and she has also flown around the US's perimeter).

All of this got me thinking - what is the largest area of flights that we've made where we've made a large round robin trek that could "gather", "harvest", or "calculate" a large area of land?

I think that my current record is this last one KLUK KLIT KTCL KUNI KLUK.

I could calculate this area with some engineering tools that I have, but for now here is a screen shot of the area/route and food for thought.

Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 07.45.31.png

This was my round robin a few weeks ago. During the flight DJB was the only fix I crossed twice. I had to divert south of EON for weather coming home. Longest leg was 8.2 hours with stock tanks in a J. 2495703301590ebb6f45806220eed05f.jpg
866ea1d9e50f25d664f239038fbbc6a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

23 hours ago, amillet said:

I have conceptualized a flight circumnavigating the entire US. Still on the bucket list. 

FF95ADD7-823D-4E0B-87A7-E827292A9BA9.png

Alan, if you do this, you will fly over my house. You will have to stop here, get fed, rested all on my watch.

Yves

• Like 2