115 cf Oxygen Bottles

Repost from the Modern Mooney forum:

I buy them a bunch at a time since we replace so many of them and I get a decent discount. I have my new batch inbound. Retail price is $1,871.96. I sell them for $1,475 plus shipping. The bottles I have arriving were manufactured in September of 2019, so you 14 years of life vs 15 straight off the assembly line but the price is good.

If you have a 1989/90/91 aircraft, you may check your bottle for date (bottle was probably already changed sometime around 15 years ago). Same with 2004/05/06 as these planes have or are soon hitting the 15 year mark.

Edit: Forgot contact info... jimmy@allamericanaircraft.com or jimmy@gmaxamericanaircraft.com

13 hours ago, jgarrison said:

Repost from the Modern Mooney forum:

I buy them a bunch at a time since we replace so many of them and I get a decent discount. I have my new batch inbound. Retail price is $1,871.96. I sell them for $1,475 plus shipping. The bottles I have arriving were manufactured in September of 2019, so you 14 years of life vs 15 straight off the assembly line but the price is good.

If you have a 1989/90/91 aircraft, you may check your bottle for date (bottle was probably already changed sometime around 15 years ago). Same with 2004/05/06 as these planes have or are soon hitting the 15 year mark.

Edit: Forgot contact info... jimmy@allamericanaircraft.com or jimmy@gmaxamericanaircraft.com

Mines an 05, changed once I’ll look at my logs..

21 hours ago, CharlesHuddleston said:

Are these carbon fiber or aluminum? Weight? My had expired and is removed, may be a good time to re-install. 

Composite (Kevlar). They weigh 21#. This is just for the bottle, so if you are coming out of a steel bottle, your regulator may not fit. May want to check on that. Also, if you are going from smaller to larger bottle, you may have to get new straps to accommodate. I think they run about $100 for the pair. Don't quote me on that.

11 hours ago, MIm20c said:

The 115cf bottle is a 15 year replacement bottle with a 5 year hydro (used to be 3 year) schedule.  If yours was replaced it should have been recently.   

Correct. If the bottle has been replaced more than in the last year or so in an '05 it probably wasn't because of life limit. I wonder if by replaced he wasn't thinking of the hydro.