Importing a Polish Acclaim

Mike A

As part of the International MS society...

can I offer a possible method to get things aligned...

1) Paul has some time on his hands (about 10days), and is an incredibly capable person...

2) Lucas’ plane is down until the landing gear can be properly checked, post recent maintenance...

3) Lucas needs a set of gear tools... to accomplish the set-up procedure...

4) There is one MSer that often deals in used tools, has sold a few, and may even have a set for himself...

5) See if there is a way that @Alan Fox can set up a lease/lend program for his gear tools...  @Sabremech may also have a lease/lend program for his tools...

6) This May just be pi in the sky, throwing round numbers in the air... :)

• Paul organizes getting tools to and fro, US - Europe - US...
  • Lucas organizes getting the gear set up properly...
  • Alan supplies tools, rented/sold however possible...
  • upon success of proper gear settings... 
  • Lucas gets a sweet Acclaim in the air...
  • Paul (The Enabler) gets a ride in a sweet Acclaim in Europe...
  • Alan gets his tools back, or paid for, or whatever is required to make sense for him... (I know Alan has a paypal account)

7) Checking the other resources for tools around Europe... I usually ask @Hyett6420 for a hand... :)  @tmo may have some insight as well...

Traveling the world for a living, I have met many great people along the way...  :)

Go MSers!

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

I didn't buy the Acclaim, but I still have my N-reg 231 ;-)

Still a couple years before I fly it to the Summit or Osh, but I will. Commercial is more likely in the "near" future. Heck, I was supposed to be packing for FL next week, damn you COVID.

@Lucas - which tool do you need exactly? I do have the main gear preload tool I got from @Sabremech and I understand for electric gear this is the only one that is needed. If this is what you need, get in touch and we'll work something out.

• Like 1

If you are looking for the gear over-center tool, I think Lasar has the tools in stock if you want to buy one and have it shipped.  I just purchased one for my personal use.

If you are really desperate and can't get one, I will sell you mine and ship it - same price I paid and it is new.  I can replace mine at my leisure.

image.thumb.png.7eb20bf160a053339eacb66a0d7381e1.png

Warren

• Like 1

Lucas best of luck with the new plane!  I hope you can get her in the air soon.  

I went through beaurocratic hell in Brazil trying to get my US (FAA) license convalidated in the middle of the COVID pandemic so I understand the frustration of having a new plane and not being able to fly it. I was able to get around it by taking another pilot with me but it still sucked, especially in a four place airplane like the Mooney that realistically carries 3 to go anywhere.  

Best of luck!

A quick update: 
Thanks to your help I managed to ship gear rigging tool from Aeroskill in a week, hoped to have it quicker but nevertheless much faster than the service from Kamenz. Unfortunately those bastards broke my plane :(

Now I'm urgently looking for a bungie assy P/N 560213-501

IMG_5072.JPG

IMG_5073.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update. Service in Kamenz somehow managed to get this part quickly so the plane is finally back home at EPGD :D
I managed to call emergency already at EPGD because pitch trim "didn't work" problem was fixed by turning on AP (facepalm). Nevertheless I'm super happy and proud of this plane though there are some issues I need to fix, particularly: 
1. replace TIT: I have this part already but don't know if that is just a simple unscrew old one and screw in new one or do I need mechanic to perform this task

2. replace battery 1: it sometimes goes down to 17 Volts so I guess it may need a replacement 
3. Failed data path in G1000 - found on the forums that I should check LRU connections - are they located behind PFD/MFD panels or somewhere else?

4. braking power problem - I found it may be gel in the system, how can I verify that is the case? 

5. speed brakes stopped retracting (they extract normally) - had to pull the circuit breaker, possible cause could be the wet weather? 

Last but not least I'd like to emphasise how helpful and friendly this community is. No pun intended but owning C172 probably wouldn't put me in such a good hands albeit parts would be more available :P

• Like 1

Hi Lucas,

my two cents on some of your issues:

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

3. Failed data path in G1000 - found on the forums that I should check LRU connections - are they located behind PFD/MFD panels or somewhere else?

There are several reasons for this message, some of them mentioned here

• Simple one: if you have the STEC 55X AP installed this message simply shows up when it is not switched on
  • How to dig deeper: You can check the communication state with LRUs on one of the AUX pages on the MFD
  • Where are they positioned?:
    • GIA #1, #2, WX, XPDR, GDL, AHRS are installed in the tail boom (close to the batteries)
    • Air data computer behind the PFD
    • Airframe & Engine data GEA behind MFD
    • Magnetometer right wing
  • Basic Layout (you can find it in any G1000 manual)
    • GIA1 is connected to PFD via Ethernet
    • GIA2 is connected to MFD via Ethernet
    • Crossfeed between MFD & PDF via another Ethernet

I also had some connection issues and simply solved them buy unplugging & replugging the respective units..

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

5. speed brakes stopped retracting (they extract normally) - had to pull the circuit breaker, possible cause could be the wet weather? 

I also had some problems with the speed brakes (electrical issues again).
They were retracted by reported to be extracted. Here is how I resolved the issue.

• Find the service & maintenance manual on the Precise Flight website
  • Uninstall the speed brakes (you can remove them from the top of the wing after unscrewing 14 screws)
  • Clean and service the electrical AMP connectors (with "Kontaktspray" as with call it in German)
  • Open the speed brake covers (at the work bench)
    • clean the worm wheel gear (remove old lubricant)
    • service with AeroShell 22
    • I simply operated the electrical drives (rated to 21Volts) with a laboratory power supply. The speed brakes themselves won't extract as long as the electrical clutch is not engaged
    • service the microswitches with "Kontaktspray" (you can extract the brakes' blades simply by hand (they are spring preloaded)
  • Reinstall the covers, use Loctite as prescribed to secure the screws, pay special attention to the rectangular alignment of the whole assembly
  • Reinstall the speed brakes, use Loctite to secure the screws.
  • test, test, test

If you still encounter problems you might check the electrical connections to the control logic (which can be somewhere find in the Mooney's belly),

Just PP thoughts - no certified mechanic.

Regards,
Matthias 

image.thumb.png.b4e5a636340ad3d52f2c6f0280483646.png

image.png

• Like 1