Here we go with the Alpha Aviation shoulder harness install

On 7/25/2020 at 11:59 AM, cctsurf said:

I've never heard of an stc for installing the rear shoulder harnesses...  My understanding is that the cage is not located correctly for that install...  I hope I'm wrong, because I would love to have rear shoulder harnesses.

I'd love to know how you accomplished it. (especially getting the bracket around the tube once the aluminum box was cut)  I've heard that the cage is so close to the skin and window that people have had to remove windows or slide the bracket down from the top to install...  That seems impossible with the aluminum box.  I looked at that myself and wondered what to do.

Another issue on my 'C is that the ELT is mounted almost exactly where the shoulder harness would mount...  I think I've heard about moving it to the rear of the window...

Really want the shoulder harnesses...Never want to use them.

Had to grind down one side of the bracket.  Then a little motivation with a rubber hammer allowed it to slide between skin and tube.  It is tight.

• Like 1