Mooney Service in the DC area

Sheriff23

Quick question....just moved outside of DC and I am based out of Manassas (KHEF).

I am looking for a local shop for basic maintenance...oil changes and troubleshoooting any issues that pop up. 

Does anyone have recommendations for good Mooney shops in the local area?  Has anyone worked with Freeway Aviation?  I’ve heard they’re pretty good.

Aircraft is a 67 Mooney M20F...N9516M

Thanks!

The biggest problem with Freeway is that the runway is short there.  For Mooney specific issues, I would go to AGL or Weber.  I used to be based in the DC area and am very happy with @AGL Aviation that I fly to them even though I moved further.  I don't know how the shop is at KHEF, but I used Tim Foltz for maintenance including an R&R for an unexpected overhaul.  He works on quite a few Mooneys in the area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hypertech said:

The biggest problem with Freeway is that the runway is short there.  For Mooney specific issues, I would go to AGL or Weber.  I used to be based in the DC area and am very happy with @AGL Aviation that I fly to them even though I moved further.  I don't know how the shop is at KHEF, but I used Tim Foltz for maintenance including an R&R for an unexpected overhaul.  He works on quite a few Mooneys in the area.

Is Tim Foltz out of AGL or is he somewhere else?