Mooney Mask

MooneyMitch

Just now, shawnd said:

My wife is playing around with making cloth masks and is in the process of making a Mooney one for me. I will send a pic when it’s done.

Excellent!  I’d sure enjoy an alternative to my current face covering.  

I’d be delighted to compensate for your wife’s efforts.

Thank you. :D

43FE74AC-D401-453E-89BA-CF94124546CA.jpeg

• Like 1

I had a check ride on Friday and when I got to the airport I realized that my mask was fogging up my glasses, I ended up using medical tape to seal the top of my mask to my nose bridge.  It worked and the flight review was passed., but I do agree I need a better selection of masks.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, glenn reynolds said:

I had a check ride on Friday and when I got to the airport I realized that my mask was fogging up my glasses, I ended up using medical tape to seal the top of my mask to my nose bridge.  It worked and the flight review was passed., but I do agree I need a better selection of masks.  

Congratulations !  Why not make the best of it all?  A cool Mooney mask......:D

5 hours ago, glenn reynolds said:

It must have been a Mooney mask, it’s already leaking!

Clarence

I’m thankful that I live in an area that’s not overly populated and I don’t wear a mask. I’m also able to bypass the store that have mandated them now. Looking forward to this craziness going away. 

• Like 4

While we wait for a vaccine to arrive....

The X-prize people have made a competition for the young folks to design a mask that will be worth wearing....

https://www.xprize.org/prizes/nextgenmask

So...

If you are young, have some design skills, including design for manufacturing skills... you could make a cool million bucks.

Buy your dad a new Mooney! :)

Looks like we have social distancing and mask wearing as a viable mid term solution...

Vaccines are making headway into larger phase3 testing... phase 3 is commercial development for the pharma world... 1) Safety 2) Efficacy 3) Commercial 4) Other uses...

Its a long row to hoe... takes thousands of people to do this much work... every step counts... no prizes awarded for dropping the ball... know that balls always want to be dropped....

Recent Examples of dropped balls in manufacturing and engineering... (Avoid these errors...) It isn’t as easy as it sounds... :)

• GM ignition switches...
  • 737Max autopilots... (A lost year, and a few Billion)
  • Takata airbags...

PP thoughts only, not a pharma commercialization engineer....

Best regards,

-a-

4 minutes ago, Jeph357 said:

Here's some $12 including shipping

20200728_200343.jpg

I like the second one from the top. It's painted on my plane in several places, including both sides of the tail. I'd like it even more on a less-dark background. Wore a navy blue one the other Saturday and nearly suffocated--the heat index was ~105°F (41°C for ya'll that ain't from around here). The South is nothing if not hot and humid!

How do I pay?

Edited by Hank

9 hours ago, MooneyMitch said:

Funds sent along with my mailing address.   This is super duper fun!!!  Thanks a bunch. :D

Glad you found some. Sorry the one I was offering will take some time. She has gone through several iterations and wants it to look good. Hand stitching the logo!

25 minutes ago, shawnd said:

Glad you found some. Sorry the one I was offering will take some time. She has gone through several iterations and wants it to look good. Hand stitching the logo!

Oh, I'd still be very interested in the unit your wife is producing.  I'm sure the one she's creating will look terrific!  Variety is the spice of life..............patience is a virtue.............good things are worth waiting for.................etc... LOL! 

My first request post was really done in fun, just wanting to read some fun reactions.  With that said, it will be fun to wear the Mooney Mask for reactions from others that are in the know..............or even from those that aren't. :lol:

Please thank your wife for her creative efforts.  :)

P.S.  I'm waiting for my Dodgers mask to show up too............as long as we're wearing these things, we might as well have some fun along the way! :D

• Like 1