Colorado maintenance

Clint466

Hey everyone,

Quick question, planning to make an offer on a Mooney that is near Denver.  Does anyone around that area know of a good Mooney mechanic that can do my pre-buy?  I saw Arapahoe, but they had 2 very bad reviews online.  I know folks can get mad and leave reviews sometimes that don't reflect the kind of customer service a business normally offers, so if someone has used them and likes them, let me know.  If you know anyone else though, let me know too. 

I know I can request the seller to take the plane out further but it's Denver.......there has to be a good maintenance shop around there.  Plus, if all goes well I am going to take it straight to Wyoming!

I appreciate it!

26 minutes ago, Clint466 said:

Awesome, I appreciate it guys.  I'll chase down those leads down today. 

If the plane is here in Denver already, I'd be happy to go by and take a look at it for you. Or we can go look at it together.

• Like 1

Another offer from a Denver-area pilot who would look at an airplane for you if you're inclined.  Not an A&P, but after 16 years of owner-assisted annuals, I'm starting to know my way around a little. :)  Maybe @gsxrpilot and I could field trip to look at it together.

You've already gotten a few recommendations on shops I concur with.  In addition to that, I'll add that Fly Elite aviation in Longmont (KLMO) maintains at least half a dozen Mooneys and can do a decent pre-buy.  I'm not recommending them as superior to the other recommendations, just another option if scheduling becomes a problem.

FYI, note that Arapahoe Aero is a "big" shop, that is both a Mooney and a Cirrus service center.  Their hangar has a dozen or more airplanes in it at any given time, and they have a large staff with many mechanics.  Mountain Aero at KBJC and Fly Elite at KLMO are "small" shops with a single head mechanic and a couple of assistants.  Pros and cons both ways, you can decide for yourself.

• Like 1

Happy to help as well - based at KBJC.  Have done 3 years of owner assisted annuals and have a few tools.  Jack stands, gear swing, landing gear torque tool, compression test, bore scope,...  Not an A&P.  Maybe in conjunction with @Vance Harral and @gsxrpilot we can provide some guidance -- at least a pre-screen for major issues.

• Like 1