MS FS2020

• 2 weeks later...

This is incredible and incredibly neat.  Storm chasing realistic up to date updated data from a hurricane in progress.  WOW!  How to safely fly a little GA airplane (sim) into a live hurricane.

Looks like a "Diamond DA42" making the deep dive where no one should go for real.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/08/27/would-be-stormchasers-microsoft-flight-simulator-observed-hurricane-laura-real-time/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_launcher-laura-1115am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 2.02.59 PM.png

• Like 1

I bought it the day after it came out and honestly wasn't that big of a fan. The graphics and scenery are second to none. They are absolutely phenomenal, however I felt like the user interface wasn't nearly as good as on FSX. After playing it for about an hour or 2, I decided it wasn't worth the 120 dollars and returned it. I might give it another shot in the future when the price goes down. As for right now, FSX is enough for me.

32 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

This is incredible and incredibly neat.  Storm chasing realistic up to date updated data from a hurricane in progress.  WOW!  How to safely fly a little GA airplane (sim) into a live hurricane.

Looks like a "Diamond DA42" making the deep dive where no one should go for real.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/08/27/would-be-stormchasers-microsoft-flight-simulator-observed-hurricane-laura-real-time/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_launcher-laura-1115am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 2.02.59 PM.png

I was looking at the storm on ForeFlight. Now that it has real time traffic I saw the planes flying through the storm. Most airliners were flying around the edges, but a couple were going right through the middle. I saw one that must have just taken off from somewhere, it was near the eye at 5000 and climbing.

• Like 1

I bought it as well and it is far less impressive than it seems on the surface.  OK graphics are GREAT!  But, does not support multiple monitors or so many of the other features that XPlane supports.  I run a total of 5 screens (#1 Screen - Front window, 2 -Left side window, 3 -Right side window, 4- Touch screen instrument panel,5 -touch screen Garmin 530[same size and g530]).  I also use the Knobster control knob for Garmin and instrument panel.  Once MSFT opens up the system to allow unlimited configuration like XPlan it will be awesome but for now XPlane is far better.  I actually think XPlane can catch MSFT on the graphics side faster than MSFT can catch XPlane on the config side.

As to the storm chasing from above they both can simulate real world weather.