Negativity

Bob - S50

3 minutes ago, Blue on Top said:

Not me, personally, @MooneyMitch.  I'm still doing everything I possibly can ... not saying that it's working, but ...    As one of Mahatma Ghandi's sayings goes, "Learn as if you will live forever.  Live as if you will die tomorrow."

A wise man once said......:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MooneyMitch said:

Here are some folks having a very negative day..........................please do not laugh as this is very, very negative stuff..........:rolleyes:                  :lol: :lol: :lol: 

I'm quite positive that I've never had a day go quite as negative as any of these!

Just now, aviatoreb said:

Never say that out loud!

I didn't say anything, I just typed it. Not saying things have never gone pear-shaped for me, just not quite to the degree shown in that awful / funny video.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerry 5TJ said:

Ok, here’s a real negative— one of my colleagues at the flight school died a couple of days ago.  Collapsed in the office.  Age 33.  Wife and 2 young kids.  A bad day.  

I am very sorry to hear this Jerry.  All best wishes to his family and to you too.

Sincerely,

Erik

On 8/6/2020 at 5:07 PM, Blue on Top said:

Ironically, it's not as easy to get out of an airplane as you think it might be.  Test airplanes for decades had a knotted rope running longitudinally to get the crew from their stations to the exit ... to jump out.  Before the Citation X flew, we took the front half of a Citation III fuselage and rotated it vertically down to see how long it would take to bail out.  Time ended up being measured in minutes ... not seconds.  We totally redesigned with metal foot/hand holds every 6".  And, all of this is with the airplane not gyrating like it would be in reality. 

If you weren’t so negative, you wouldn’t need a parachute :lol:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, PT20J said:

If you weren’t so negative, you wouldn’t need a parachute :lol:

OMG!  I am laughing sooooo hard right now!

This reminds me of a (now) very funny story that I hope you didn't have to be there to understand.  Anyhow, we (the Flight Test crews) had just finished up a long briefing on using our personal parachutes ... and their limitations.  Yes, our airplanes had parachutes, too, to return the pointy end to forward when it didn't want to be there.  Anyhow, at the end of our long brief, a young FTE asked one last question.  Addressing the instructor, the FTE said, "You've spent all this time talking about the first parachute.  Are you going to talk about the second parachute, if the parachute streamers or doesn't deploy correctly?"  The room went suddenly very, very quiet.  Nobody knew what to say.  After a few moments, the instructor gained his composure and said, "This is your second ride home.  You just bailed out of the first."  Great answer.  

• Haha 3

I used to have an engineer working for me that was a skydiver. Whenever we would go on a business trip, he'd scout out the nearest drop zone and bring his rig which he didn't want to check as baggage, so he would carry it on. Got lots of interesting comments as he walked down the isle during boarding carrying a parachute. He always replied that there was no way he would fly on (insert whatever airline we were flying) without a parachute.

Skip

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Blue on Top said:

We're still negatively buoyant with the chute.  Appropriately for this thread, it is drag that keeps the sudden stop at the end from being more than we can handle :) 

... Which can be a real jerk 

• Haha 3