Negativity

Bob - S50

34 minutes ago, jaylw314 said:

Actually, I recall reading a study that people who blamed other people for their problems tend to rate themselves happier than others.  

These are some characteristics of a narcissist, supported by multiple studies of such.

• Like 2

So is it me or does it seem like there has been a rash of IO-550 engine issues? (not only Mooney aircraft)  Or is it that it is the only engine of choice for production these days?  I ask because I was asked recently about which Mooney model should be purchased with the caveat of no TCM engines.

What kind of IO550 issues are you seeing...

Early on... they had oil cooler leaks... the kind where lots of oil gets dumped in flight... problem solved...

The (n) version has shown some cylinder cracks in their fancy light (n) cylinders....

Best regards,

-a-

On 8/2/2020 at 12:56 AM, bradp said:

Also Bob and Doug coming home.

Learned that space capsules have green and red lights, and a strobe.  Is that some sort of NASA inside joke or something?  Missing rotating beacon so I'm sure FAA will have a fit. They certainly do not have 360 degrees of anti collision coverage. 

image.png.e7d2dd5c6c721b9a57ee92b44b4e3794.png

Nope, as space gets busier, they need nav and recognition lights just like everyone else.  Transponders too. 

If you look carefully enough, on Star Trek:  The Next Generation, Enterprise has red/green nav lights as well as blinking beacons.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1001001 said:

Nope, as space gets busier, they need nav and recognition lights just like everyone else.  Transponders too. 

If you look carefully enough, on Star Trek:  The Next Generation, Enterprise has red/green nav lights as well as blinking beacons.

I believe the original Star trek Enterprise did too.

3 hours ago, alextstone said:

A local pilot I know participated in the bum-rush stampede of boaters to the Dragon capsule....that's him piloting his boat.  He flies a Bonanza....

Shirley there was a Notice to Mariners.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1