Negativity

Bob - S50

Man there's a lot of negativity on here lately.  Maybe it's because we've been cooped up too long.

Life does not always work exactly the way we want and we can't always get it our way.  Bitching about it doesn't fix it.

Unhappy people don't live any longer than the rest of us, they just FEEL like they've lived longer.

Stepping down off my soapbox.

Bob

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2020 at 4:13 PM, Bob - S50 said:

Man there's a lot of negativity on here lately.  Maybe it's because we've been cooped up too long.

Life does not always work exactly the way we want and we can't always get it our way.  Bitching about it doesn't fix it.

Unhappy people don't live any longer than the rest of us, they just FEEL like they've lived longer.

Bob

I'm not negative.  You are negative.  Its not my fault.  Its your fault!

:-O

Well - cooped up for sure.  There are several computing stressful things going on in the outside world right now and it is creeping into here lovely mooneyspace.  I'm not sure it is realistic to hope to just not notice those stressful things and be happy, and working too hard to coop it up inside seems unhealthy.  Going around spouting on it all the time seems unhealthy too.  I don't know...

Speaking as Anthony closes all his emails - just the opinion of a PP not a psychologist.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Well - cooped up for sure.  There are several computing stressful things going on in the outside world right now and it is creeping into here lovely mooneyspace.  I'm not sure it is realistic to hope to just not notice those stressful things and be happy, and working too hard to coop it up inside seems unhealthy.  Going around spouting on it all the time seems unhealthy too.  I don't know...

Speaking as Anthony closes all his emails - just the opinion of a PP not a psychologist.

Anthony who? :)

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Careful...... don’t give witch doctors a bad name ! :lol:

C12F045B-4253-40E9-8728-91D9EA0EF7FF.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

True, most people feel elevated stress right now.  It doesn't help that some businesses/employers and employees are on the ropes.   My excuse is that we've been grounded in the queue for an engine repair that keeps getting pushed back for two months....  I'm so grumpy I've pretty much stopped posting.

Not sure what computing stress has to do with it.  Mohr's circle? :P

Just now, 0TreeLemur said:

True, most people feel elevated stress right now.  It doesn't help that some businesses/employers and employees are on the ropes.   My excuse is that we've been grounded in the queue for an engine repair that keeps getting pushed back for two months....  I'm so grumpy I've pretty much stopped posting.

Not sure what computing stress has to do with it.  Mohr's circle? :P

Hah - computing stress is a misspelling falsely corrected by autocorrect.  That was meant to be competing stresses.

I unloaded some stress on a teenager today...

He mentioned interest in flying... within a few minutes we were searching for the latest news and pricing for MSFS2020...

Hmmmm... I was just a teen when somebody did that for me... :)

Coming soon... just weeks away... less than 0.1amu...

Talking aviation... Is so much less stress than typing aviation... looking forward to talking Mooney aviation at a higher level....

My wife pulled up a picture from the internet... and explained the warthog was not my plane... :)

Best regards,

-a-

CFFFCB24-A54D-4B96-921D-B3C3960B8E60.jpeg

• Like 1

Also Bob and Doug coming home.

Learned that space capsules have green and red lights, and a strobe.  Is that some sort of NASA inside joke or something?  Missing rotating beacon so I'm sure FAA will have a fit. They certainly do not have 360 degrees of anti collision coverage. 

image.png.e7d2dd5c6c721b9a57ee92b44b4e3794.png

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bradp said:

Also Bob and Doug coming home.

Learned that space capsules have green and red lights, and a strobe.  Is that some sort of NASA inside joke or something?  Missing rotating beacon so I'm sure FAA will have a fit. They certainly do not have 360 degrees of anti collision coverage. 

image.png.e7d2dd5c6c721b9a57ee92b44b4e3794.png

Yep...... as we learned with initial docking of Dragon to ISS, port and starboard lights for orientation of capsule.  Kinda ties it all together..... so great!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Marauder said:

Sounds like Bob needs a photo of a beautiful if not bountiful woman posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Noooo. Not that. I don't want to be known as the guy responsible for bringing that back. ;o)

Edited by Bob - S50
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2020 at 1:13 PM, Bob - S50 said:

Bob

Actually, I recall reading a study that people who blamed other people for their problems tend to rate themselves happier than others.